Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-16-2008, 10:06 AM   #1
zosiasmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Share with us how you started and did PL'ing!

My DD is 21 months and I want to start her Pl'ing. I am hoping that many of you will share you story of how you started, how it went and what advice or tricks you have for those of us staring out! Thanks for sharing! Danni

Advertisement

Want to know about making money with ChaCha? Ask me!
I made $350 last month!Hits4Pay Want some Moola?
zosiasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:36 AM   #2
grace_n_josie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Share with us how you started and did PL'ing!

Well, We have been potty training for 2 weeks now and I have to tell you that she is only having about one accident a day now. I started by taking her out of diaper completly unless it was bedtime. We stayed home for a week. It was really hard not to leave the house...but I knew that I had no choice. The ay before we start pling we went out and bought 20 new pairs of underwear that i let her choose.

The next day, I put her straight into panties and we went in the potty three times that day. I cleaned up lots of messes...but I think that if you move them back into diapers they get confused. They next day she didn't go into potty AT ALL...I felt defeated...but I hung on. The third day she went five times and I felt like we were on the right track. I just keep asking her if she needed to go potty. I knew that she was ready, it was just a mattr of reminding her so that she remembered what to do.

We had already gotten her a little potty and put it in the living room even before we started pling, but she has never used that thing. We ended up having to get her a potty ring and a step stool.

After two weeks, we only have one accident a day and she is ever pooping in the potty. She has also now started wiping her and putting the wipe in the diaper pail...

GL with everything and lemme know if I need to clarify things. I am sitting here on hold with the bank...lol
Old 05-16-2008, 04:11 PM   #3
teachermama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well I'm afraid my answer may not be much help, but I decided that this was one area that I had very little control over so I decided for my kids to do the leading and figured they would learn when they were ready and capable. My first was ready the day after Christmas when she was 2 yrs. 9 mos. and has not looked back. Literally said, "I'm ready for the potty" and has been going with no issues and very few accidents since. My son, after figuring out how his "wenis" works, was intrigued and started wearing underwear and going in the potty the day after he turned three. No issues for him either. It's really been far too easy, but again, I didn't push and I didn't really teach. I did foster an interest by putting them on the potty starting at a young age...even my 17 mo. old likes to sit up there and think she's doing something. We also gave a m & m to my son the first couple of times and two when he would poop to encourage him more, but he is waaay past that now. I really think PT works best when it is child-led. Good luck to you with your babe!!
(O)….2, & Someone NEW….arriving May 2014!

Kindergarten Teaching Extraordinaire
teachermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:16 PM   #4
Wishing4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I tried with DS#1 when he was a little over 2 years old. He was still peeing every 20 min and didn't care if he was wet. (I didn't cloth diaper him either). I didn't try again til he was almost 2 1/2 and little brother was due to arrive. He caught right on. DS#2 has been cd'd since about 16 months. He will hold it for longer periods. (3 hours today) He is 2 yrs 4 months For the past couple of months I'd put him on the toilet if he'd been dry for a couple of hours or before he took his night time shower (water makes him and big brother need to pee ). Today I put him in underwear after he was dry for 3 hours. Pretty soon he said, "Go potty, Mom." and off to the bathroom he went. So since I have nowhere much to go while I'm waiting for baby to arrive, we are going to spend the next couple of days running around in just underwear and see how it goes.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:07 AM   #5
autumnstar
Registered Users
Formerly: staciestarsage
seller

My Mood:

With my son, I just would take him to the potty every couple of hours until he kind of started to get the hang of it, and after a while of this, once I knew he could do it(mostly). I just put him in underware, and he hated having accidents and being wet, and started going to the potty.
autumnstar is offline   Reply With Quote