Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-18-2008, 04:02 PM   #1
amberlina
Registered Users

My Mood:
Question preferred pump???

I will be having my first baby in july! SO I have some ques about pumping equip..

So I know medela is the preferred company most of the time. My best friends sister who lives nextdoor stopped by to drop off a "lactina double pumping system" from medela: set of bottles and tubes to get me aquainted with my new lot in life she lent out her system between having her 2 sons and had bought replacement bottles and tubes (with a price tag on it still for $55!) thinking she would need new ones once she got the actual auto pump back from her SIL. she opened the package and what not already, to make sure all the parts she needed where there and to retrieve the booklets/accessory guide. at the hospital they gave her a whole new set for free. So to my advantage she had a set still new in box she couldnt return b/c she broke the original seal... and it can be used manually if need be with everything that comes with it. I will be getting the auto-pump when the babe is actually here, but for now she is going to continue using it.

SO i feel really lucky to not court what could be a gigantic expense! SO now my question is, should I feel lucky? Is this a good "system" and etc? have any of you tried multiple pumps to prefer one over the other, or preferred either manual or auto (i know alot of ladies in this forum have had multiple l.o.s...)

TIA!

Advertisement

Old 05-18-2008, 04:18 PM   #2
JnS Mama
Registered Users
seller

Re: preferred pump???

Auto all the way. You got a good pump. Hand pump is tiring and only good if you are not going to pump often. The auto ones are really good to have when you need to increase supply, clear a blocked duct etc.

I used to be really shocked at the price of a pump & parts, until someone told me to formula feed a 4 month old is about $350 a month. Compared to that, a one time investment of $55 is cheap, lol! Not to mention all the other good stuff about breastfeeding.

Ami
JnS Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 08:35 PM   #3
amberlina
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: preferred pump???

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnS Mama View Post
Auto all the way. You got a good pump. Hand pump is tiring and only good if you are not going to pump often. The auto ones are really good to have when you need to increase supply, clear a blocked duct etc.

I used to be really shocked at the price of a pump & parts, until someone told me to formula feed a 4 month old is about $350 a month. Compared to that, a one time investment of $55 is cheap, lol! Not to mention all the other good stuff about breastfeeding.

Ami
well then awesome i didnt even pay the $55 either. she just gave them to me. I think she is happy i made the bfing choice without her and her mom having to convince me at all. haha. and her husband had the "big V" because they think their 2 boys are plenty, so I pretty much inherited all her baby stuff for free, her younger one will be turning 1 y.o. right about when my babe is due.