Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-19-2008, 01:23 AM   #21
Drearina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I guess daycare wasn't the right choice for us. :(

Him and you would probably both be better served by finding a good playgroup or class to go to.

Advertisement

Old 05-19-2008, 01:28 AM   #22
angeldelight
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It has been proven that children that go to daycare/playgoups, mums and tots and pick up all these bugs are less likely to develope childhood lukemia so i carnt see it as being a bad thing building up his immune system x
angeldelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:34 AM   #23
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm impressed that your DS is TWO and just NOW getting his first cold. You must have super BM!
I'd be way more worried about the unclean facilities than DC catching a cold.
BTW DS got his first cold around 7 months and DD got hers around 3 months! Both NEVER went to daycare. DS stayed home with Nana and DD with me. BOTH were BF babies. In fact DS never got a drop of formula and DD didn't get any until 8 months. Since I taught elementary school music (and saw EVERY little kid once a week and hugged their sweet little snotty selves) I was exposed to a LOT, so I'm fairly certain that my BM reflected that to some degree. (Not sayin my milkshake is better than yours. )
Anywho, it sounds like a low key preschool/mother's day out might be a better situation for your DS.
FWIW my DS went to preschool for 3 years before going to K and therefore was more exposed (and did get sick) than say a kid staying at home with mom all the time. He STILL came down with a bunch of mess the first semester when he started.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:12 AM   #24
*Alabamamom*
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I've been sick A LOT in my life.. the only thing I figure is from every single virus and sickness I've had, my body has built up immunities so I can't get those same strains again.. so, he is getting those properties from my milk and it keeps him from getting those stains that I am now immune to. If you are a mama that really hasn't been sick too much throughout your life, then maybe you don't have as many immunities built up, so the child can catch more in spite of you nursing? I don't know.. but it makes sense anyways. My older kids used to catch everything under the sun btw.. however, the longest I bf was the 3rd for 6 mo.. the first two was for 2 months... Another factor is they were all 3 in daycare because I had no choice but to work back then. I didn't know the more they get sick, it protects them from leukemia. I will have to do some googling on that..
Thanks mama's! I am going to do some phone calls this morning and see what else I can find out there to do for him..
Granna to two amazing grandsons!! <3
*Alabamamom* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:45 PM   #25
linz2491
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well kids getsick not a big deal. but the enviroment does not seem like one i would want my kid in. take him out and find some lay groups
linz2491 is offline   Reply With Quote