Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-07-2006, 03:53 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Waking at Night

Originally Posted by ce&E View Post
You are not alone and that is good for all of us to remember. My ds is almost 11 months old and still wakes several times each night screaming. We've read The No Cry Sleep Solution and tried lots of the advice but nothing seems to really help other than remembering that he is still such a baby. We are currently looking for anew ped though because at our last checkup I asked about sleep because sometimes he is so unconsolable that I worry that something might be wrong since this has been going on his whole life and she told me that I needed to put him in his crib at 7pm and not open the door until 7am no matter what he did or he would never learn to sleep! Oddly, this has somehow made me more patient and understanding of my little guy's needs, he has a temperment that just wouldn't work with such an approach. I understand that lots of good parents choose to CIO I have never known anyone who would just leave a baby all night no matter what. Sorry, about that rant but just want to encourage you to hang in there!
BLAH That's ridiculous. Even the Ferber method isn't that harsh.

EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 12:10 PM   #12
Registered Users

I found this article really helpful. We're going through like 4-20 nightwakings each night at 6 months.
ndunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 12:26 PM   #13
Bugaboo Bottoms
In a HUGE Pile of Wool!
My Mood:

My first slept through the night from about 2 months on. My second didn't start sleeping through the night until he was a year old and it is still hit and miss at 21 months old. He often wakes up once a night. Normally only when he is teething or not feeling well, but sometimes he just wakes. I would say he sleeps through about 1/2 the time. My 4.5 month old still wakes 2-4 times a night to nurse.

I'm pretty darned tired at this point! LOL! I totally know how you feel.
Kellie - Mom to Joe 9/11/91, Jacob 1/12/05, Caleb 5/27/06
I've earned over $250 and counting. Sign up HERE for Swagbucks if you like free stuff!
Bugaboo Bottoms Yummy Knit Sets and To DYE for LWI Interlock!
Bugaboo Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:38 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

My 11 month old just starting sleeping through the night about about 2 months ago. She would go to bed around 7:30 or 8 and wake up about 12 then again anywhere between 3-5 and then she was up for the day about 7:30 or 8. A friend of mine let me borrow "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" and we just change her nap & bed times a little and after the third day she started sleeping all night and she's done it ever since. The book suggested waking around 7, nap around 9 , then another nap around 1 ( each nap lasts about an hour and a half) and then bedtime around 6. Now she sleeps from 6pm till about 7:30am and never wakes up during the night. I LOVE that book!
Mom to Sophie 3/02, Lilly 10/05 and Jack 1/09
amanda1188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 07:49 AM   #15
Registered Users

My 2.5 yr old still doesn't sleep through the night...and she's not bf'ing! Some children just have higher needs than others. Be thankful your other children are sleeping at night. Before I had my dd, I used to sleep 10 hrs a night, then it was 3, now I don't even think I sleep at all.

It's worth every sleepless night to me.
DiapeyMom is offline   Reply With Quote