Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2006, 09:54 PM   #11
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Not vaxing, but still autism?

I absolutely believe in that theory, which is why I personally delay vax. He's getting the protection, but the shots are spread out far longer, so he's not getting so much mercury/etc. build up so soon.

There are MANY children who are autistic whose parents do not vax. And there are MANY children who are perfectly "normal" whose parents DO vax. Basically, imo, it's a crapshoot. There's no right answer, just pray and make the decision you feel is right for your family.

Advertisement

Old 10-13-2006, 06:26 AM   #12
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

We have chosen to NOT vax anymore due to the autistic traits that run in our family and we found out waaaaaaay too late. And the symptoms of the ASD CAN get worse even though you are no longer a baby, just ask me about Tiffany, who's 11 and in Jan. we got our mercury laced flu shots and her syptoms shot through the roof!

I agree that some kids can get vax's and nothing "bad" will happen bu others will and have adverse reactions due to their tendencies.

Now, people also forget that the mother has something to do with the heavy metals and previous vax's getting into their baby's bodies before they are even born. (told this by my doc) Previous vax's, fish, water and fillings (not the white ones) can all leach into their systems and transfer to the baby growing in the womb.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:36 AM   #13
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessa1002 View Post
I just think that there are too many kids that don't get autism that are getting the same vaxes as the others. There would have to be something different in the kids that do get the disease, otherwise everyone would get it. Does that make sense?
ITA!
Old 10-13-2006, 09:59 AM   #14
Menfusse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My nephew is not vaxed, nor is was his mother. He is autistic. Not sure where he may have encountered any exposure to mercury or any of the other suspect metals. My best friends little boy is also unvaxed and autistic. Her first cousins boys are both autistic as well, which definately lends weight to the "runs in the family" theory. She blamed her first autism on vaxes as many do...and it is totally understandable. So she didn't vax her second child and he ended up with autism as well. So, yes, there are autistic, unvaxed people.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:20 AM   #15
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Please answer my Question... I need to know!

My DS eats fish on a regular basis. He is 2 TODAY and I am wondering, should I not be doing this?

DOULA in training!

HCG Diet works! Ask me how.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:27 AM   #16
keegans_mommy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menfusse View Post
My nephew is not vaxed, nor is was his mother. He is autistic. Not sure where he may have encountered any exposure to mercury or any of the other suspect metals. My best friends little boy is also unvaxed and autistic. Her first cousins boys are both autistic as well, which definately lends weight to the "runs in the family" theory. She blamed her first autism on vaxes as many do...and it is totally understandable. So she didn't vax her second child and he ended up with autism as well. So, yes, there are autistic, unvaxed people.
Mercury is one and the biggest suspect but aluminum is also another and is also in vax's but is in your water, eating canned food, cooking with aluminum pots and pans, and so many things. That one is hard to avoid. Aluminum levels are extremely high in Alzhimers patients too.

But Mercury is found in fish (canned tuna as well but the FDA refuses to put that on the labels, go figure) and sometimes water (forget the other sources).

So for our house, we have a house filter to get rid of aluminum in the water, we rarely eat food from aluminum cans, don't vax anymore, etc. Oh and we don't buy D.O. with aluminum in it or baking powder with aluminum in it either. We just really have to keep searching for possible ways to consume aluminum or use it and we are slowly banning their use around here. Plus, I personally have to have my silver fillings removed from my head as they will leak mercury from me and I am also in the ASD group too. It sucks!
Old 10-13-2006, 10:31 AM   #17
keegans_mommy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenkmt View Post
Please answer my Question... I need to know!

My DS eats fish on a regular basis. He is 2 TODAY and I am wondering, should I not be doing this?

Ok here is a card I keep with me to refer to when at the grocery store:

High levels:

grouper
marlin
bluefish
croaker
halibut
tilefish
shark
swordfish
sea trout
mackerel (king)
amberjack
orange roughy ( )
bass (sal****er)
lobster (maine)
tuna (ahi, fresh bluefin, white albacore)

Medium:

mahi mahi
snapper
carp
rock cod
skate
monkfish
crab (blue, snow, dungeoness)
perch (freshwater)
tuna (fresh pacific albacore, chunk light)

Low:

anchovies
butterfish
calamari
oysters
catfish
whitefish
scallops
sardines
sturgeon
flounder
crab (king)
haddock
hake
tilapia
salmon
clams
shrimp
herring
pollock
shad
sole
crawfish/crayfish
trout (freshwater)
caviar (farmed)
lobster (spiny/rock)
perch (sal****er)
Old 10-13-2006, 01:25 PM   #18
babydirtybike
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey thanks for all the input.

I totally agree on the heavy metal contamination not being good anyway you slice it.

A rule of thumb for fish is, the smaller the fish, the less metals that would be able to accumulate. The bigger fish eat small fish and that's how it usually builds up in larger fish.
http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/admehg3.html
http://www.pbs.org/now/science/mercuryinfish.html
http://www.gotmercury.org/

Neither DH or I have any fillings of any kind, no antiperspirants, rare canned food, no aluminum foil or pots.

We probably won't vax or atleast delay vaxing.
DD Maria November 2/2010

New baby coming March 2013!
babydirtybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:41 PM   #19
kingdink
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegirl7 View Post
That said - autism is something that does occur naturally - but not at the rate that it is currently being diagnosed. The medical community claims that it is better detection and diagnosis - but honestly I don't buy that. The criteria hasn't really changed that much, but they had broaden the "spectrum" to accomodate the "new" types of austism that are occuring. I believe the heavy metal poisoning and the MMR are inducing autism or autism-like conditions (hence the broading of the spectrum) in many of our children.
Actually autism IS detected and diagnosed much earlier now than it ever used to be and for good reason. Whenever a mom would bring up that she thought something was wrong with her little one, it was her fault. She did something wrong to make him or her that way. I don't know about anyone else, but if I thought there was something not quite right with my child, I wouldn't bring it up to a doctor if I knew they were going to blame all of the problems on me. Once it became clear what Autism really was, more people came forward. And it's only been recently that it has able to be diagnosed as early as it is now.

JoJee Creations Custom pencil portraits and knitted goods
kingdink is offline   Reply With Quote