Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2006, 08:40 PM   #11
CrunchyPeach
Registered Users

Re: Tired of restricted diet

I just came in here to post a similar question! My ds is allergic to dairy, soy, eggs and nuts. I'm getting a little bored with the limited foods I can eat. I've been eating a lot of baked sweet potatoes drizzled with a little olive oil and salt. It's very filling and tasty. Do you like hummus? I eat that with pita almost everyday. Tomato soup made with water and vegetable soup are good with some Ritz crackers. I also like vegetarian chili made in the crock pot. Non-egg pasta or spaghetti squash is good with either tomato sauce or olive oil & fresh basil.

Those are just a few ideas off the top of my head. I'm actually looking for a good message board for people with food allergies in hopes of getting some recipe ideas.

PM me if you want to chat more about it!

Advertisement

CrunchyPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:07 PM   #12
kht2006
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can so relate. We are avoiding dairy, soy, and refined sugars (because of yeast). I am considering cutting out eggs and wheat, but I am afraid to because I don't know what I would eat. I think I'm going to make friends with a good nutritionist. I need some help.
BTW I liked all the suggestions in the PP.
Karen
kht2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:22 PM   #13
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

We should start a food allergy support thread of something. I am avoiding dairy, soy, and strawberrys.....as ds reacts to all of them. It IS hard finding meal ideas that don't get too boring.

Love the meal ideas above. Here is a list of some good milk and soy free foods that you can get at some health food stores http://www.infantrefluxdisease.com/f...ad.php?t=14306 It is from a reflux message board, since a lot of reflux kids also have food intolerance/allergy problems.

Mommy2JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 02:26 PM   #14
CrunchyPeach
Registered Users

That's a great link, Mommy2JJ. And a great idea about an allergy thread too.

Looking at that list reminded me that Amy's makes a really great cheeseless pizza. OMG, it is so so good. Instead of tomato sauce she uses carmelized onions and tops it with ****ake mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and sweet peppers. I like it even better than regular pizza with cheese. You can find it in the frozen section of the vegetarian aisle of most larger grocery stores.

ETA: The crust is also free of dairy, eggs, and soy. It tastes like a good brick-oven pizza.

Last edited by CrunchyPeach; 10-13-2006 at 02:27 PM.
CrunchyPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 04:22 PM   #15
weddell
Registered Users
seller

My dd is allergic to milk, eggs, and sesame. My DH is allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and fish. I'm a vegetarian and bfing dd. I live on crackers. Seriously, I don't know what to do either. If dd was allergic to soy, I would probably starve or have to give up bf because of all the restrictions. DD's allergist said no nuts or peanuts for her because of dh's allergies (we don't keep them in the house anyway). My only source of protein at this point is tofu and various other soy products, but it is really hard to avoid dairy and eggs. I visit an allergy message board on another site. I don't know if we are supposed to post links to other message boards, but if you are interested, pm me. They really understand what you're going through and can give some suggestions.
weddell is offline   Reply With Quote