Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-23-2008, 08:58 PM   #1
daisy0306
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
#1 is a go....now about #2 -and how do I get him dressed??

DS is totally reliable for peeing on the potty, he's been doing it for about 3 weeks now with almost no accidents at all. Any advice on how to get him to do a #2 on the potty? He normally poos 2 times a day. Right now he's not pooping at all unless he's in a diaper. The only time he goes in a diaper is nap and night times. He doesn't seem to be resisting it, I think he's just not sure how? lol. He pees standing up, not sitting down if that makes a difference.

When I change his bum I talk to him about putting his poop on the potty, and he comes with me to spray and flush. Should I just keep doing that?

Also - any ideas on how to get him to wear clothes and pee on the potty still? He has trainers but if I put him in them he doesn't pee in the potty at all, he just lets it go. He doesn't seem to be bothered by it at all.

He's 26 months old, and not very verbal. He says psss for pee but has no word for poo. He doesn't tell me he has to go, he just goes.

Advertisement

daisy0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 10:23 AM   #2
daisy0306
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: #1 is a go....now about #2 -and how do I get him dressed??

nobody? wrong forum?
Old 05-24-2008, 11:32 AM   #3
ocanfield
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think you are doing well by being consistent...I think that's the only thing you can do! You can't make a child poop...ya know? Not sure why, but it seem like alot of boys I've come across that are potty training have trouble with #2 in the potty. My MIL said my husband had trouble too. I think it will just come with time...my nephew had trouble for a few months and then all of a sudden started going...like a fear of doing #2 had gone away.

Just be consistent in what you say and do with him...my daughter still wets at night (she's almost 2.5 yrs) and sometimes at nap if she's had alot to drink. I don't make a big deal of it...I just tell her pee pee goes in the potty...not in your pants...hoping one day it will just click

Polliwogs Recycled Wool Slippers
ocanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 11:53 AM   #4
daisy0306
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocanfield View Post
I think you are doing well by being consistent...I think that's the only thing you can do! You can't make a child poop...ya know? Not sure why, but it seem like alot of boys I've come across that are potty training have trouble with #2 in the potty. My MIL said my husband had trouble too. I think it will just come with time...my nephew had trouble for a few months and then all of a sudden started going...like a fear of doing #2 had gone away.

Just be consistent in what you say and do with him...my daughter still wets at night (she's almost 2.5 yrs) and sometimes at nap if she's had alot to drink. I don't make a big deal of it...I just tell her pee pee goes in the potty...not in your pants...hoping one day it will just click
thank you, it clicked all of a sudden with the pee, so it makes sense that it would with the poop.