Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-23-2008, 11:21 AM   #1
TempoHasPaws
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Advertisement

Last edited by TempoHasPaws; 01-11-2009 at 02:33 PM.
TempoHasPaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 09:47 AM   #2
TempoHasPaws
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: breastfeeding/ttc with the ebf toddler

Old 05-24-2008, 10:34 AM   #3
luvmy2girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When you say you really want to ttc, does that mean you haven't had your first PP AF yet? If so, have you tried night-weaning? When I night-weaned my 18 mo old, I got my first PP AF 2 wks later. Just a thought...

Old 05-24-2008, 12:28 PM   #4
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

(not in a bad way)

and no advice - sorry
Old 05-24-2008, 02:53 PM   #5
TempoHasPaws
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy2girls View Post
When you say you really want to ttc, does that mean you haven't had your first PP AF yet? If so, have you tried night-weaning? When I night-weaned my 18 mo old, I got my first PP AF 2 wks later. Just a thought...

I have had it, the problem is I'm Eping 8-10 times a day (as my daughter still relies on 100% breast milk) I don't want to wean her AT ALL, I just want her to take some (any) solids as I'm pretty sure I could pump and freeze enough to get us through a pregnancy then return to pumping in conjunction to nursing later on (ideally). My daughter just loves her milk so much, I'm not sure what to do, it seems like her intake is becoming greater and greater I would hate to run out of frozen milk then again, I don't even plan on ttc for another few months..maybe SOMETHING will happen?
Old 05-24-2008, 03:38 PM   #6
jessicap
Registered Users
seller

You can still nurse while you are pregnant. I got pregnant when my youngest son was only 4 months old. He nursed all the way through, the last month was dry nursing, which was not so much a treat for me, but comfort for him. And I tandem nursed for 2 almost 3 months. So maybe you won't have to give her the frozen milk, just do what you are doing and up your caloric intake a bit once you are preggo
jessicap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 04:47 PM   #7
TempoHasPaws
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicap View Post
You can still nurse while you are pregnant. I got pregnant when my youngest son was only 4 months old. He nursed all the way through, the last month was dry nursing, which was not so much a treat for me, but comfort for him. And I tandem nursed for 2 almost 3 months. So maybe you won't have to give her the frozen milk, just do what you are doing and up your caloric intake a bit once you are preggo
I Ep, so nursing is out.. I'm just worried that my supply will dry up and she still won't accept solids
Old 05-24-2008, 05:43 PM   #8
ThatLinGirl
Registered Users
seller

Honestly, and I realize this isn't the wording you probably want to hear -- but she won't starve herself. Should your milk supply decrease, she WILL make up for it. She might not be happy about it, but she'd be okay.

I'm still nursing my daughter, who will be 2 this coming week. She was still nursing quite a lot until my supply dropped due to pregnancy. She would only rarely drink water before, and I was concerned. Well, now she's drinking a ton and eating us out of house and home. She clearly is making up for it now, though I'm surprised at just how much more she is taking when she was mostly uninterested not long ago.

Lindsay, mama to Caroline Lois (05/28/06) and scrunchy new Kate (12/31/08)
ThatLinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 07:22 AM   #9
TempoHasPaws
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatLinGirl View Post
Honestly, and I realize this isn't the wording you probably want to hear -- but she won't starve herself. Should your milk supply decrease, she WILL make up for it. She might not be happy about it, but she'd be okay.

I'm still nursing my daughter, who will be 2 this coming week. She was still nursing quite a lot until my supply dropped due to pregnancy. She would only rarely drink water before, and I was concerned. Well, now she's drinking a ton and eating us out of house and home. She clearly is making up for it now, though I'm surprised at just how much more she is taking when she was mostly uninterested not long ago.
I hope so :/
Old 05-25-2008, 07:27 AM   #10
BeckyP
Registered Users
seller

That is so awesome of you to donate your breast milk.