Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-25-2008, 05:22 PM   #1
Registered Users
Neocate Info/Advice please?

Hey mamas. Ds has a MSPI and severe silent (and sometimes regular too) reflux. We just started neocate (from alimentum) tonight, and I was wondering how long it takes to notice change, and if it's ok to cold turkey etc...
any advice/input.
Ds did better on alimentum but he's still hurting sooo much and it's been getting worse again (he's 10 weeks old and 10lbs something). Oh, we do prevacid 3x a day, although we just moved from 2 to 3 yesterday. thank you!!!

Becky SAHM to Isaiah13, Caleb12, Becca10, Sarah9, Abby7, & John-Marc5
Married to my second love, Marc
Jesus being my first

Cloth diapers, accessories, baby gowns, nursing cover ups, towels, blankets, capes and more!!!
the8dunlaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 07:46 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Neocate Info/Advice please?

Its fine to cold turkey to neocate (since it is so broken up -- just elemental amino acids), if he'll drink it like that. He's young enough that it sounds like he may/is? Great, if so.

I'd imagine you'd probably notice SOME difference in a few days, but I'd give it a week or two before giving up if no difference. Best of luck.

ETA: Oh, and if you weren't warned, I'm told the poop is horrid. I don't say this to give you regrets of any type, no worries, just to warn you to not be afraid. Blackish?

Lindsay, mama to Caroline Lois (05/28/06) and scrunchy new Kate (12/31/08)

Last edited by ThatLinGirl; 05-25-2008 at 07:47 PM.
ThatLinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote