Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-25-2008, 09:42 PM   #1
ncfjj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How to start?

My baby is almost 3 months old now, and I've started noticing some of the cues for when he poops (not quite up on the pee ones yet, but I'm working on it), and I want to start ECing. Now sitting him on the toilet wears my arms out, so I was looking at getting him a baby bjorn little potty, and then I saw this potty bucket thing on-line at the EC store. Apparently it is great for newborns, and you can hold it between your legs and hold baby on/above it and they go in it. It is apparently good for when your baby goes while nursing too (mine does). Has anyone ever used one of these, and how well does it work?

Advertisement

Old 05-26-2008, 10:16 AM   #2
Nadine
Registered Users

Re: How to start?

i've not used that bucket, but i had something similar that we used early on. my daughter would always have to pee while nursing. before we started ec'ing, she would come off my breast and fuss while nursing and i never knew why and i would try to burp her. once we started ec'ing, i figured out that she needed to pee, because once she peed she was done fussing and would nurse again. so i kept a little bucket between my legs that was kind of similar to the one the ec store has.

we did get a bblp, and the fleece cover and that's what we use now. before we had the fleece cover, she would tense up when on the potty because of the cold, and wouldn't release and pee on it. but once we got the cover, it worked great!
Nadine is offline   Reply With Quote