Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-24-2008, 08:28 PM   #11
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: MIL is driving me crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvestsmommy View Post
I have waited til the six month mark with all four of my lo's. They are always fine as far as weight goes until I ween them then they are "under weight" WHATEVER!! But as far as the colic goes I only had one that appeared to have a problem with it. I went to a nutritionist and he put me on natural prenatals and vitamin D and calcium. Taking about 15 a day. within two days she never had a problem again.
You took 15 prenatal vitamins each day?

Sorry to hijack, but I just don't understand. My insides would rupture I think.

Advertisement

*****No longer anxiously awaiting Aiden - He's HERE!!****
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 01:24 PM   #12
LittleB'sMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can't compare with mil pushing food...thankfully...she is a firm believer in EB. However...her youngest is now 24, she nursed him till he was almost 4. She was active in LLL. However, now, she second guesses EVERYTHING I am doing with DD. I was fortuneate and DD slept through the night since day 1. She would however nurse for about 2 hours before she went to bed at night and then for about 3 hours when she woke. She would sleep for about 6 hours straight. I wasn't concerned. I had read about cluster feeding and just knew that i couldn't attempt to get anything done in the day till after about 1pm. My mil decided that she would call LLL and a community health nurse and a pediatrician to double check what i was doing, then proceeded to call me to tell me that what i was doing was fine. I told her that she crosses a boundry. She informed me that "no she didn't, she is a nurse and that's what nurses do" although she hasn't worked in over 10 yrs! Now anytime she "suggests" i do something, like EB for 1 year with no solids to insure that DD doesn't develop allergies and i look at her, she says "I'm not crossing any boundries, i'm just letting you know that's my feelings"
I know she has the best intentions at heart, but i am very glad that we live 500km apart!!
Old 05-25-2008, 07:27 PM   #13
oneofsix
Registered Users

My Mood:

I just tell people, "Do you really think that I would have anything but the best of intentions for my child?! Don't you think I love my child and always try to do the best possible I can?" Thats shut quite a few people up. Then I hear them behind my back saying something to the affect of "I was just trying to help." Oh puhleaze! You don't try to help by arguing!

I love how the babies are too big and need cereal - yeah cause its obvious all that bm isn't doing anything @@. How do they think they got so big in the first place?
Old 05-25-2008, 07:35 PM   #14
sweetpeasbowtique
Registered Users

My Mood:

I understand your worries. I didn't start giving anything either until my little ones were 6 months and only because when we would eat in front of them they would open their mouths everytime we took a bite. I would just kindly advise (firmly) you wishes and explain over again what you have told her about it. I'm sure she will respect your wishes.

Beautiful Custom Boutique Hairbows and more!!
www.spbowtique.com
sweetpeasbowtique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 06:50 PM   #15
candlepledge
Registered Users

my mil actually tried to give my just turned 5 month old a spoonful of mashed potatoes. mommy grabbed the spoon said he is not ready for solids and if you ever give him something without my permission that is the ast time you are able to see him.
my mil needs bluntness. my husband about choked and said yeah no solids till after 6 mo.

good luck!
candlepledge is offline   Reply With Quote