Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-28-2007, 06:32 PM   #81
zonapellucida
Registered Users
seller

Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:
Re: It would be nice, but I know it's not going to happen...(can I rant here?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by togg_mama View Post
Why do you care?

To each their own. If someone wants to buy from someone with no FB, that's their decision/risk.

The day DS decides to have a minimum requirement for someone to sell here is the day I'm outta here.
Isn't there enough of a gestopo atmosphere. I mean PLEASE!

Advertisement

Old 05-28-2007, 06:38 PM   #82
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

I'm not too worried about feedback (I trust them more if they do indicate they've got feedback elsewhere) but it's the no posts (or not alot of posts) that bother me. I always get a suspicion that they are just cruising the diapering boards looking for a spot to sell their stuff quickly and get around ebay fees and such. The ones I've seen selling that have less than 10 posts, I never see on here again after they've tried to sell their stuff (successfully or not, I have no idea).

But I'll sell to someone with little to no feedback and little posts because I agree, they have to start somewhere. But this is about sellers...

ETA: I finally read through all the responses and just have to This made me totally just laugh my butt off.
Quote:
I spend it mothering like we ALL should.
We're all mothers, regardless of post count- high or low. And let's not compare pisspots in how many children we have. I'm sure we could all think of at least ONE thing that we can say that would make our life easier or harder than the number of children we have. I can go first with the mere mention of being a military wife who's husband goes off to combat on a regular basis. Sorry you assume we don't mother our children by doing something we enjoy for ourselves once in awhile. And I'm like a previous poster... I've "been around" for awhile and didn't accumulate the number of posts over night. Sheesh... the audacity of some people.

Last edited by dirtdartwife; 05-28-2007 at 06:47 PM. Reason: found a laughable quote
dirtdartwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 06:54 PM   #83
cam&kat's_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not sure how i feel about it. I was a newbie here and have been around for a while now. I don't post much as I really dont' have time to. I am a memeber on other boards, and I have 3 kids that require most of my time. (NOT SAYING THAT THOSE THAT ARE ON HERE IGNORE THEIR KIDS! POLEASE DONT" READ INTO THIS!!!)
I have some feedback, and have left some. Honestly i try to leave feedback after every purchase so I dont; forget. And same for co-ops. But sometimes I get busy and forget, and then months later get around to it. I really would hate to think that you'd have to buy your chance to sell stuff. By giving things away I mean. (FFS) The whole point of this board (or so I thought) was to buy, sell and trade diapers and cloth diapering stuff, at least that's what it was when I joined. You coudl buy or sell or trade and if someoen wanted your stuff Great! if not oh well. It wasn't like this before. If someone had told me to give some stuff away tobuild feedback then I'd have left. Seriously. I wasn't here to give things away to get people to buy from me. Even FFS has a risk. First of all you have to have something that someoen wants. I don't have much to give away that anyone would really want. SO you still need a buyer in a sense. AND there's still a risk that you pay the shipping (which cna get expensive) and the person still scams you. So either way its a gamble. I think that singling out those that want to sell but have never bought isnt' fair. And I'd really hate to see any rule of the sort enforced here. Also I dont' trust a person with a thousand ebay feedback any more than or less than I trust a mama with little or no feedback here. You have no idea who they really are, or who's feedback you are linking to unles you buy form both and see the same seller name on you statement. Ebay doesn't give out their names/addresses. You could link to any powerseller and have people trust you if you went off ebay feedback. Just my thoughts and 2 cents.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:20 PM   #84
Autismmom2two
Registered Users

I have not taken the time to read all the above posts, sorry
But wanted to say, up until like last week I could ONLY view and PM
I have no idea why??
So I moved on to another board
I have bought a few things on here but wasn't able to receive or give FB
I have FB on another board and on EBay
Hey, I am a nice mama trying to make a buck to buy more diapers if you don't trust me someone else will and they will get my stuff
Just stating my case not picking a fight
Autismmom2two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:17 AM   #85
beautiful8
Registered Users
Formerly: beautiful7
seller

My Mood:

Ok FIRST OF ALL

I was not attacking anyone who has a high post count...what I was saying WAS...

SAYING that that should matter in reguards to weather or not you buy from someone is RIDICULOUS , because for many of us, my self especially...and many other moms I know that are on here, we do not COME HERE to post, but to sell and buy diapers, hence the low than average post count.

I personally do not have time to post to many posts...because its not important to me AND because to me sitting at a computer posting is not whatI want my children to remember me as. I spend my time doing other things. I don't know what everyone else does, and honestly it's YOUR CHOICE...but excuse me for pointing out the obvious...um, replying to lots of posts DOES take time, does it not? Yeah thats not rocket science!!

Don't get your diapers in a bunch because I said we should ALL be mothering geesh thats just silly and you are looking for a reason to be butt hurt, period. It wasn't directed at anyone, it was a simple reminder of the obvious...

It wasn't directed at people with higher post counts...it was to say that stating to others that that is a reason to not buy from a person is as I said...laughable. Post count should not matter. Thats all I am saying because our time on HERE and our ability to make many posts is not IMO what should count when it comes to trust with deals.

Thats all from me.
beautiful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:21 AM   #86
mother4JC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post
i worry about buying from people with little and no fb, i like to give newbies the benefit of the doubt that they wont take my money and run, but after an incident recently i will not be buying from anyone with little or no feedback and little to no posts
to a T
I have been on such a rage lately due to that happening. I am furious. I always want to think that people are honest and sincere, but after losing the money I just lost I can't afford to do that again.

Now to that being said, if you are a newbie it doens't mean I wouldn't buy I will just really be a lot more careful. Like if I don't feel completley at ease I will pay with cc.
Amy~Wife to: Josh and Mother to: Levi 2/13/00 Lillie3/29/06 Ethan 10/4/07 Evie 5/2/10 #5 Custom wet bags, Nursing Covers, & Wipes Cases, blankets, leggins, onesies I ACCEPT PP & RME Like my facebook page Threaded Thingy's **

Last edited by mother4JC; 05-31-2007 at 07:51 AM.
mother4JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:35 AM   #87
mother4JC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoDunkMommy View Post
I have made 3 purchases here, but check my FB there is already one who has not left for me. Same with ebay... I think there are 59 FB there, but check and there are at least 15 who have not left any for me. If they paid you leave FB it is then up to you to please...

I have been ebay scammed won my PP dispute no money in her acct... after 3 mo I called PP because they said in my acct that they reopened the case I wanted to know why... They gave me my money even know her acct was empty

I would love to get that lucky with my dispute. I have a feeling she closed her account, becuase when I went to do the complaint it went straight to a claim.
Amy~Wife to: Josh and Mother to: Levi 2/13/00 Lillie3/29/06 Ethan 10/4/07 Evie 5/2/10 #5 Custom wet bags, Nursing Covers, & Wipes Cases, blankets, leggins, onesies I ACCEPT PP & RME Like my facebook page Threaded Thingy's **
mother4JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 08:33 PM   #88
nillabarr
Registered Users

My Mood:

I understand your rant momma... but I am BIG newbie. I just sold stuff scared to death that I wouldn't sell it b/c lack of FB. I was so lucky to find interested mommas. Still trying to figure out why they didn't leave me any feedback!? I was hoping that I would FINALLY have some!
Old 05-26-2008, 08:42 PM   #89
mistylaureena
I saw Elvis. He sat between me and Bigfoot on the UFO
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nillabarr View Post
I understand your rant momma... but I am BIG newbie. I just sold stuff scared to death that I wouldn't sell it b/c lack of FB. I was so lucky to find interested mommas. Still trying to figure out why they didn't leave me any feedback!? I was hoping that I would FINALLY have some!
mama this thread is like a whole year old.....where did you even find this???
Old 05-26-2008, 08:42 PM   #90
BelovedBird
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
I don't know why it bothers me so sooo much when I see people with hardly any posts and NO feedback posting stuff for sale here. What bothers me even more is when I see that someone has responded and is actually buying stuff from them. I mean I personally know better than to buy from someone with no feedback, and I choose not to buy from anyone with few posts because I like to see that the seller has a vested interest in DS, it makes me feel more comfortable that they won't just take off with my money.

I wish there was some kind of post requirement fo selling stuff, but I know it won't ever happen because it would be way too much trouble to enforce and just be a PITA for the MODS. The feedback thing sucks too because everyone had to start somewhere to get feedback, but I think most people tried to AT LEAST build up some feedback as a buyer or offer some stuff on FFS to get feedback before the expected anyone to buy from them.

IDK I guess this is just a rant but I do see a lot of new members around here that seem to be buying from people with no feedback and it makes me worried.

I hear you. What bothers me more is when there is a post from someone with no fb and a few posts selling a carrier (not not just a few dollars) and someone posts "buyers be aware, check fb" etc. post gets deleted. 2 months later OP has 4 fb- one negative and numerous newbies on thread asking about the item, with no response, yet from the OP's profile they were online lat week.

As a newbie it never occurred to me to try to sell without participating in the community and building up FB by buying.