Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-25-2008, 09:38 AM   #11
MCR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: For those bottle feeders

MAM makes a safe plastic bottle that lets air in, it's like the ventaire bottles so the nipples don't collapse.
I've seen them in Target. Sassy MAM

Advertisement

Old 05-25-2008, 10:29 AM   #12
z'smomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like the cheapness of the Evenflo vs. investing in more Dr. Browns (when they make them BPA free.) But I'm still in the test period of if the non-vented will hurt his reflux much. We tried the fast flow Dr. Bwn nipples but they are really soft and collasped immediately. DS is getting used to letting air in but I think the slow flow is killing him. He gets bored quick. I'll try not doing the caps too tight. And then break down and buy faster flowing nipples.

SIDEnote: Dr. Brwns were getting on my last nerve with the leaking. MY GOSH, once out of every 3 times, LEAK, LEAK, LEAK. So annoying. I'm happy to be rid of them.

Here's hoping the reflux stays at bay.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:31 AM   #13
z'smomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
I have those evenflo glass bottles too. When DS took a bottle I had that issue too. I got different nipples for them eventually and it worked better.
What nipples are you using now?
Old 05-25-2008, 11:08 AM   #14
juliemcn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i see you are in Ohio- i got dr browns at baby depot the bpa free and i also got the glass but i will say that after i stopped putting the ring on so tight ive had no leaks- and we were having the same problem tons of leaks- but i have the opposite problem we buy the preemie nipples lol or else she just chokes and she is 4 months! Which dr browns nipple are you using they make several "stages" and a y cut .
TTC #3
juliemcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 11:42 AM   #15
juliemcn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh and i forgot to mention you should sell your dr browns if youdont decide to keeep them- they go quickly on craigslist.
TTC #3
juliemcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 02:56 PM   #16
z'smomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah. I was think about selling them. I feel a little bad about that...with the BPA and all but I also think, it's up to the family to decide what they want to do for their child bottle-wise. We started out with level 1 and then moved to level 3 at 6 mo...not thinking that it would cut our feeding time to a quarter!
Old 05-27-2008, 08:20 AM   #17
kettle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemcn View Post
oh and i forgot to mention you should sell your dr browns if youdont decide to keeep them- they go quickly on craigslist.
Can I just say... if you're going to sell the bottles at least put a note saying why. Some moms may not know about the BPA issue and may unwittingly buy these bottles thinking they're getting a great bottle for cheap.

It's only ethical to let people know... for instance I was not aware of the issue with Dr. Brown's bottles until the last couple of days. I currently live in Korea so it wasn't on the news here (but I buy a lot of my baby products online or from the U.S.).