Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-28-2008, 08:53 AM   #11
ashleymelynn
Nanipoo Lover <3
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baby shaking/spasming in utero? PLEASE READ!

maybe the baby is practicing crying? or rubbing their eyes fast

Advertisement

My ISO thread
ashleymelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 10:31 AM   #12
passthepickles
Registered Users
Formerly: shannbannan
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleymelynn View Post
maybe the baby is practicing crying? or rubbing their eyes fast
Good Lord, I hope not... because i'm in for it if that's the case!

I just got back from an NST and the doctor said that everything was fine as far as he could see. He said that it could be anything from fetal stretching to seizures (which he then clarified are RARE!) He said that next time I have it happen that I should come in and see if they can catch it on the monitor. If they don't catch it between now and my next appointment and I am still feeling it- he may put me on an in home fetal monitor for a few hours a day until they do. He said that there really isn't much else they can do until they know for sure what is causing it- but that I shouldn't worry.

I feel better!
Old 05-28-2008, 01:07 PM   #13
ELeigh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine did that quite a bit when he was smaller, and I just thought it was weird. It never really concerned me a whole lot, and it seems that since he doesn't have much room left to move around, he doesn't do it anymore.
ELeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:36 PM   #14
kalamos23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine did that for a while - it felt like she would get the shivers almost but stronger. Now that I think about it, she hasn't done it in a couple of weeks - I'm 34 weeks now.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:46 PM   #15
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannbannan View Post
I know this might sound crazy... it does to me anyways, but I never had this happen while pregnant with DS #1 so I am a little concerned.

Sometime last week, I started noticing the baby shaking or spasming for about 10-12 seconds at a time. I will be 30 weeks along on Friday and it happens 1-3 times a day. Gradually, I have realized that I can tell when these fits are coming because I start to get crampy before hand.

I chalked it up to crazy fetal stretching or something until last night when I was cramping so bad that I could hardly put my hands behind my back. I think the cramping is BH contractions, and they are getting worse, but I wonder if it is hurting the baby.

Her kicking is frantic- even painful, and it shakes my whole belly; then she doesn't move for a little while afterwards. The rest of the day, she is fine and active and kicking like normal.

I have a call into the nurse at my OBGYN, but I just wonder if anyone has experienced anything similar? Ease my mind!
This happen to me while pregnant with my daughter, it scared me when it first started happening but then i ended up getting used to it and it started happening less frequent. Hopefully your baby is fine, i still don't know what it was, it didnt happen with my pregnancies with my boys, only with my daughter. she is healthy and everything is fine, she does have down syndrome but i doubt that has anything to do with the strong vibrations i felt while pg with her.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:57 PM   #16
Mommy2LivandNoah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had this happen with both my pregnancies. I thought they were having seizures or something...but both of mine were fine and perfectly healthy...
Old 05-28-2008, 09:03 PM   #17
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DD did this sort of thing when she was head down and against my cervix. I think maybe she was rooting around for her fingers like a wild child.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:33 AM   #18
kochanyk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So totally normal! This happened w/all 3 of my kids between 24 and 32 wks some time... I think it had to do with changing positions from posterior and breech to head down. I'm 27.5 wks and this LO has did it for a week here and there and now she's way in a different position. It totally feels like the baby is seizuring or something. I wouldn't stress about it!
Old 05-29-2008, 05:51 AM   #19
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannbannan View Post
Good Lord, I hope not... because i'm in for it if that's the case!

I just got back from an NST and the doctor said that everything was fine as far as he could see. He said that it could be anything from fetal stretching to seizures (which he then clarified are RARE!) He said that next time I have it happen that I should come in and see if they can catch it on the monitor. If they don't catch it between now and my next appointment and I am still feeling it- he may put me on an in home fetal monitor for a few hours a day until they do. He said that there really isn't much else they can do until they know for sure what is causing it- but that I shouldn't worry.

I feel better!
I feel this all the time too mama I thought I was the only one!!! With DS #1 it was just "normal" movements, but this baby boy has those "shaking/spasms" too...it feels so weird...
And I actually worried about seizures as well.

I'm glad everything looked good!!!! I'm willing to bet it's nothing as well, just a difference in how our LO's move and 'shake' in there
Old 05-29-2008, 09:04 AM   #20
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my bestfriend was for sure her baby was having Seizures inside of her, when she told the doctor this the doctor said it was normal. (he wasn't actually have Seizures) and he's a normal 4 month old today.
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote