Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-14-2006, 11:28 AM   #41
Dimples
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you wish you had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmnJJsMom View Post
Do you know what brand bras you get?? Everyone keeps telling me to try one like that but I get to the store and I'm lost on what to buy lol. I'm a 34 D and a lot of times they don't make the sports bras to fit that body type.
I'm about the same size (prepreg 36C, preg 36-38D), and the only nursing bras that I am wearing are the Yes Maternity bras. They are very supportive (very important to me esp with large chest) and easy to 'use'. You get them on ebay (they have a store I think it's called breast is best or something like that) just search for Yes maternity bra and you'll find it, that is what I do. I wore one during preg too. They are not very expensive either which is always good! HTH

Advertisement

Dimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:21 AM   #42
garjul
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momx2 View Post
Great advice!!

I think the only thing I wanted to add ... I wish I had once of those mama pads that you can chill for post partum! After I left the hospital, I had no more chilled pads ... I was sad. and in pain. lol If you have a c-sect. though I don't think you have to worry about chilled mama pads.
Where do you buy these? Sorry, I don't think I'm looking in the right places..haha. Thanks!!
garjul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 01:16 PM   #43
tash
Registered Users

an appointment with a good lc. we just barely got squeezed in when my baby was 4 days old. if we hadent been the next appointment was nearly a week away. she had already lost a lb and we coudlnt get her to latch on. it wasnt preaty.

help with useing my carrier. it took me forever to figure it out and with my husband gone and a constant nurser nothing got done without the carrier.

I got a pis when she was around 6 months. it probably would have been a good idea for me to get one before she was born since we ended up renting a symphony and I had (still have) supply issues that I try to help by pumping everyday.

I didnt need chilled pads. but I heard you can make some by taking maxi pads (cloth or disposible) and adding a little water (if they are disposible just open them just enough to add the water) and freeze them.

its also good to have ice and/or chilled cabbage leaves for your breasts. it helps relive engorgement.

I dont really use my Lanoish. I have had it since I was pregnant and I have used it to lanolize some longies, and I put some on my elbow when it got all dry and werid. but I never needed it for my nipples. but it was a good idea to have on hand just in case.

for bras I have the "cozyBra" 'sleep' one from birth and baby. they have nearly EVERY size you can think of. and they will help you pick the right size if you email them. they are very nice.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:31 PM   #44
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i wouldnt use lansinoh, i refus to let my kid suck on lanolin. anyway i got one of the nursing mamas kits from earth mama, angel baby and i used all the nipple butter, and fast, it helped a LOT more than the couple times i tried lansinoh and felt so much better going on, wow.
i love my kit i got!
ummm..definitely some sort of soothing something for your nipples, and definitely have atienece and persistance, just because you might have abottle or formula around somewhere doesnt mean that that makes it easier, and that you should give in!!

ummm...i pretty much only wear spaghetti strap shirts, and have a couple nursing shirts as well..
just pop my boob out (which my son is quite proficient at ) im a self serve buffet, lol
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 01:48 PM   #45
GrandIsp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

More nursing bras..like enough for 2-3 changes per day (including night) b/c I leaked a lot for the first 4-5 months and if you don't chnage often you'll smell like sour milk. I didn't expect to need to wash them after every wearing.

More CLOTH nursing pads.

A direct link to www.kellymom.com saved on my computer!

The name and number of an excellent LC.

Good luck mama and here's to a happy healthy remainder of your pregnancy!
Old 10-15-2006, 01:54 PM   #46
garjul
Registered Users
seller

I've been looking at different cloth nursing pads..is there a brand that's better than another, or do you think cheaper is alright? I'm so confused since there seems to be so many of them!
garjul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 02:00 PM   #47
jkelstaten
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by garjul View Post
Where do you buy these? Sorry, I don't think I'm looking in the right places..haha. Thanks!!
This is something that you get at the hospital after you deliver.

They are a mix between an ice pack (the ones you mush to make them cold) and a mama pad. I haven't seen anything like that advertised to buy.....But man do they help!!!

note to wahms: business opportunity here.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:16 PM   #48
zionnecherub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

MUST haves:
arms reach co-sleeper
Nipple butter (I didnt like Lanolin)
Bravado Nursing Bras