Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-26-2008, 08:45 PM   #91
BelovedBird
Registered Users
seller

Re: It would be nice, but I know it's not going to happen...(can I rant here?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistylaureena View Post
mama this thread is like a whole year old.....where did you even find this???
wow. didn't even notice the date on the OP. Still plenty relevant though.

Advertisement

Old 05-26-2008, 09:01 PM   #92
~sarah~
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistylaureena View Post
mama this thread is like a whole year old.....where did you even find this???
I've always wondered how these ooooolllllddd posts get bumped up.
~sarah~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:51 AM   #93
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautiful7 View Post
ok, so here is my question...if you have no or low feedback HERE and you have lots of ebay positive feedback..is that somehting that would make the moms who are leary of buying from newbies feel moreinclined to buy from newbie's?

I started out buying from a WAHM on here and purchasing a couple of things before I sold, I think that advice was already mentioned in order to help yourself obtain feedback etc. Also as far as post count goes, that ,...to me is just laughable that anyone would suggest that that has anything to do with being trustworthy. Being a mom of almost 7 kids the last thing I have time to do on the off diaper season ( I refresh my stash about 2 times a year since I have started)
is to sit on this site...and post. I have been on here since before thanksgiving of last year so just over 100 posts is not alot for that amount of time ...OBVIOUSLY I don't spend my time here...I spend it mothering like we ALL should.

I do think placing a stigma on newbie's is very wrong though, and while we all have to be careful...I too have been scammed by someone who was by far not a newbie ( had over 200+ feedback all positive) who misrepresented an item sold to me at a very high price.

Anyway, my point is...because there is not a system set up to go after the dishonest amongst us (well, such as ebay has anyway)...it really truly is a buyer beware community and I don't think ANYONE needs to get their diapey's in a bunch over working with a newbie, if you are careful, follow your gut and try not to expect to never get scammed if you are buying secondhand diapers. ..then you will get along just fine

just my 2 cents
well, you bought yourself one less customer, so keep wondering why your stuff might not sell! I'll never buy from you.

didn't know how old this post was. weird. Anyway, I buy from newbies- small items. I might not spend alot but I'll spend a little and give them a chance. I was new as well.

Last edited by Kelolsen-and-Padawan; 05-27-2008 at 01:53 AM.
Kelolsen-and-Padawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:57 PM   #94
LindusandGrace
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

woah just relaized how old this is. n/m

Don't like my lack of punctuation or spelling? Don't read my posts.
"Home is what catches you when you fall. And we all fall."

Last edited by LindusandGrace; 05-27-2008 at 03:59 PM.
LindusandGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 09:02 AM   #95
MamatoEnzo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I guess as a newbie you kinda just have to sit back....and earn your place!
I haven't sold anything yet, only bought a bunch. I am still waiting for feedback. I guess if I wanted to sell I could just use my ebay feedback.....
Old 05-28-2008, 09:13 AM   #96
mamajulestotwo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Posting your ebay feedback does help mama. Also, always post pics, they sell the dipes!!!! Hope this helps! Oh, and anytime you buy something, if the seller forgets to give you feedback, dont hesitate to pm her and ask!!!!
Old 05-28-2008, 03:31 PM   #97
mommyto3boys1girl
Registered Users
Formerly: mommyto2boys1girl
seller

As a newbie here this post makes me sad. Although I completely understand that you would leary of buying from someone you don't know, we do have to start somewher.
I am a member of babybags, and all the stroller boards, have been an eBay seller and buyer for a long time. And I did have 1 bad experience with a seller, who sold me a stroller, I paid via paypal and it never arrived. PP was able to get some of the money back for me. I was very bitter but I didn't stop buying or selling. I like to think people are honest.
As a busy mom of 3, and someone new to CD, I was excited to find this site where I can try new diapers, and sell things that my DD outgrows. I don't have a lot of time to post, but I like to pop on and see if there is anythiong that is FS and will work for our family.
It saddens me that I may not be able to sell my items because I am new to the site, and don't have the free time to read a ton of posts and respond.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:17 PM   #98
snelson924
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

this is a hard one for me b/c everyone has to start somewhere. if no one bought/sold from newbies, it would jsut be the same ppl buying/selling/trading with each other. i still consider myself a newbie on DS and there are definitely things about this site that i love but there are also things i HATE. such as NEVER being answered when i ask a question. but that's just the name of the game i figure. but when someone new comes here, they deserve the same "benefit of the doubt" that everyone else does.

that's just my 2 cents.

ETA: i didn't read the whole thread before posting...just the OP.

snelson924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:20 PM   #99
Roto6
Registered Users

My Mood:

Agreed with the "ya gotta start somewhere" mentality. And I have definitely left feedback for people who haven't left it for me. It's just one of those things, I guess.
Roto6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 08:31 PM   #100
pookel
Registered Users

You can file a dispute with Paypal if you get scammed here or anywhere else. The risk isn't that high, IMHO.
pookel is offline   Reply With Quote