Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-30-2008, 08:59 PM   #31
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Birthmom Chit Chat

As an adoptive mama of a beautiful 5 month old daughter, I can only say that we are so blessed to have an open adoption with our birthmother. We got to spend time with her at the hospital. She signed the papers on a Sat, but expressed to me before she signed that she really regreted that her great-grandmother wasn't able to see the baby because she was too frail to come to the hospital. We offerred to come visit our birthmom and her family on that Sunday. That meant so much to Emma's birthmom, and to us. It was a wonderful visit, and we were able to meet Emma's grandmother and great-great grandmother, as well as her bio brother. We had only planned on staying about 30 min, but ended up staying 2.5 hr. We think of Emma's birthmommy every day, and talk to Emma about how much her birthmommy loves her and that she chose us to be Emma's parents because she loved her so much. We send a letter and pictures to her every month, and always tell her we would love to hear from her, or we will bring Emma to see her if she wants, but haven't heard back. We would love to know how she is doing, and to tell her again how much we love our Emma, and how we love and think of her often. We don't want to push her, so we will just cont to send pics and letters, and wait for her to make the first step. She has our cell phone #, and can get in touch with us through the agency. We strongly advocate for open adoption, and are so glad we got the chance to meet our birthmom and to hug her, and tell her how special she will always be to us, and that we love her, everyday.

Katieo54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:42 PM   #32
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Birthmom Chit Chat

We are adoptive parents, bio parents and foster parents. The only thing that could come close is raising our two foster/adoptive twins for 2 years and then the state deciding to send them back. These were two beautiful boys whom we were suppose to be adopting and poured our entire hearts and were loved by extended family too....we have no idea where they are or how they are doing and have not seen them since they left over 4 years ago...they are not dead, but definitely still a part of our family and missing in action. The birthmom was not willing to keep in contact with us. It felt like a part of us was ripped out. The years and Gods hand of healing, has made the pain diminish...

Thank you for making such a difficult decision for your child! I can only pray that you will (and all birth mothers/fathers) will find a peace in knowing that you have looked out for the best interest of your child, not by living on emotions, but by being practical and self-less.
In Christ
jmarhk is offline   Reply With Quote