Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2008, 02:25 PM   #1
gracenglory75
Registered Users
seller

Darn! I've messed this one up!

I had a friend get me hooked on EC when baby girl was 3 months old. It was going SO well.

Then we moved while she was teething and given both things, I (foolishly) took time off. We have just now, gotten back into our dailiy routine. So I've gone back to EC.

But. . . old cues seem non-existent. She used to get spacey but now, she just keeps on keeping on. I'm just not seeing the cues anymore! I've tried her on pads to watch her and she just keeps playing as usual when she goes with no obvious cue!

What to do, what to do?

AND, if I do pott-tunity her, she goes AFTER I take her off and lay her on her changing pad!

We lost our groove. I'm SO bummed. I'm in week three of trying to get back what we had and just am missing it, day after day!

PS---I do cue her with the ssssssss sound, and baby sign for potty, when she does go and I catch it on a pad though.

Advertisement

Chuck's Bride. BF'ing, delayed vacc'ing, no circ'ing, CD'ing, gardening, natural living Mama to Miracle and Mason (2/7/11) with two angel babies, Daniel (8/05) and Nathaniel (7/13/09 ruptured ectopic pregnancy)
gracenglory75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 06:48 PM   #2
ocanfield
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Darn! I've messed this one up!

Awww...don't worrry! It will come back! My son doesn't give clues all the time either...it's more of a timing thing for me than anything else. It's really true what they say about "just knowing" they need to go. I'll have a feeling he has to go and I get side tracked and lo and behold, he goes. Maybe just start timing when she goes and see what happens. Then you can bring her when you think she's about to go instead of looking for signs from her.

Garrett changed when he goes now...he used to go about 3 times after he nursed, about 15 minutes apart. Now he can hold it for much longer...even up to an hour sometimes after nursing. Because of that, I seemed to miss alot too...and get out of the groove. Now it's back for the most part.

Try and relax about it...the more you get frustrated, the more you're gonna miss.

Good luck!

Polliwogs Recycled Wool Slippers
ocanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:48 PM   #3
atomicfrock
Registered Users
seller

I consider a diaperless "go" on a changing pad a bit of a success, mama. Plus, you may have unwittingly TRAINED her to go on the changing pad. Maybe try sitting her over the pad and a prefold with a lap-pad under? Anyway, be sure to still use the cue sound when she goes laying down and say "good girl" etc then put her on the potty... it will come back, don't fret at all. Moving and teething are both pretty big deals and she's gonna have changes/pauses regardless. You are doing a great job. Enjoy, have fun!

My sites: www.MRSAsupportgroup.org AND www.SalvationHealth.com
atomicfrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:51 PM   #4
atomicfrock
Registered Users
seller

ooo... one more trick (I call it "cheating"!).

keep a little water bottle (I use old trial size lotion bottles) handy and dribble a little H20 on her girl parts when offering a potty-tunity. I guarantee IF she needs to go, she will go. I do that when I don't feel like waiting... that's why I call it cheating.

My sites: www.MRSAsupportgroup.org AND www.SalvationHealth.com
atomicfrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:41 AM   #5
DsnyMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicfrock View Post

keep a little water bottle (I use old trial size lotion bottles) handy and dribble a little H20 on her girl parts when offering a potty-tunity. I guarantee IF she needs to go, she will go. I do that when I don't feel like waiting... that's why I call it cheating.
what a great idea! I never dreamed about trying any of this but after reading all this stuff last night I thought what the heck. Addie is 3 months old by the way, anyways she woke up from her nap and I quickly took her to the changing table and undid her pj's and her diaper was still dry and so I held her over the sink and I turned the water on and flicked some on her down there and she instantly starting peeing! I couldn't believe it worked so easily. I didn't think I would ever be able to do this but she is my first child to not like wet diapers. The other two could care less. So this girl might be much more inclined to try this out. Hubby will think i'm crazy but its worth a shot.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:18 PM   #6
round2
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:

Well I'll be.... This gave me my first success!!! THANKS!!! I'm super excited now!
Old 06-01-2008, 05:32 PM   #7
gracenglory75
Registered Users
seller

Quote:

Oh!!! thanks for the tip!!!

We finally had a sucessful poop on the potty today. She's been crying all day, off and on, and with church and going out, I didn't try toileting her. But I got her home, tried putting her on, and she began going. It's like she was waiting for her Baby Bjorn to do that in!

Next time, i'll just try an adult toilet she keeps crying like that (she's not a baby that really cries normally). I just wasn't sure that was really it since she hasn't been going for me. Oh me, of little faith, huh?

So hopefully, this is the start of getting the hang of it again for us! :-)
Chuck's Bride. BF'ing, delayed vacc'ing, no circ'ing, CD'ing, gardening, natural living Mama to Miracle and Mason (2/7/11) with two angel babies, Daniel (8/05) and Nathaniel (7/13/09 ruptured ectopic pregnancy)
gracenglory75 is offline   Reply With Quote