Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-02-2008, 07:45 PM   #11
La Mere D'Anna
Registered Users

Re: This will sound odd...ways to spoon-feed breast milk?

I've heard of people spoon feeding breastmilk to very sick babies long before pumps and bottles were widely available.

Advertisement

Old 06-02-2008, 08:14 PM   #12
yagow2001
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you all! It seems like he will suck on anything he can get his hands on, except the bottle, so I hope he will take to one or many of your suggestions. I've left him for hours and though my parents keep saying he will get hungry eventually, a few hours wasn't long enough for him to drink for DH with me out of the house. He does try to grab cups and drink of his big sisters sippy cup, I just worry about spilling more than he gets down his throat but we will try it!
I've been paid to complete online surveys at http://OpinionOutpost.com/join/6696974
yagow2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:23 PM   #13
Summerfox20
Registered Users

My Mood:
Thumbs up Re: This will sound odd...ways to spoon-feed breast milk?

Little cups work great! And dont worry your baby will eat when he gets hungry enough. He might give the inlaws a hard time at first but everything will be fine. I remember when I first tried to go back to work and would work for 6 hours and she would just wait it out for me instead of taking a bottle. But try sippy cups! Avent or nuk are great ones for beginners! Thats what my stuburn one took! Good luck mama! Don't stress and have a great trip!!!

~Summer
Old 06-02-2008, 10:49 PM   #14
MamaF
Registered Users

My Mood:

didn't read other posts, but if your using the sippy cup for water..why not put BM in a sippy cup.

DS took sippy cup of water around 5 months (around there somewhere) and I just put his BM in the sippy cup. He took bottles fine, but at that point i figured why bother.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:52 PM   #15
naivete
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Have you tried just a cup? Like Medela, their bottles come with a regular bottle nipple and then the lid is a cup for cup feeding. I was cup fed since I was 3-4 months old as a baby. Try it with a miniature size cup, it actually works really well.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:33 PM   #16
MandM Momma
Registered Users

You are not a bad momma! I bet your trip will be great and that your LO will do just awesome! Also wanted to add that I think it's totally awesome that you have IL's who are willing to do whatever and will be taking such great care of your sweeties while you're gone.
If you can find a bf supplier or even a LC locally, there are tons of gadgets that you can try. We tried it all w/ dd#1 when she was having problems latching. I didn't care for the syringes too much because it was hard to control flow. The soft cup feeder was just okay, but might be better with your older babe. My favorite by far, and it really just might be because I loved to say the name of it so much, was the Hazelbaker Finger Feeder. It was great because you fill up the little container w/ bm, tape the little tube on your finger, then put your finger in the baby's mouth. You can control the flow easier too.
Good luck with your trip and I hope all goes well!!!
MandM Momma is offline   Reply With Quote