Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-03-2008, 09:34 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
the joys of motherhood and poop

let me first introduce myself... my name is keely and my son eli is not quite 8 months old. i have been lurking on here for a while but dh did not really like the idea of starting so early. i am getting tired of battling the diaper change. i have not been able to use a changing table for months because he sqirms so much and he absolutely HATES to wear a diaper and screams most every time i change him (no matter if its cloth of any variety or sposie). so yesterday i bought a little potty and was so happy that i was able to get him to pee twice in it without any effort on my part, just during the normal diaper changes. well here is where my story begins...i told you ds HATES diapers... well everyone keeps telling me this is just the joys of motherhood and one to go in the baby book:

this morning ds woke up around 5:30 but by the time i got to his door he was quiet again. i had our monitor on but didnt really hear him moving around much so i figured he fell back asleep. so then i hear him at 7 and i go to get him... as soon as i walked in his room the smell overwhelmed me. he was covered from head to toe (and let me tell you in every nook and crany) with poop. evidently when i heard him at 5:30 he must have pooped and decided to take his diaper off (cause he just had a t-shirt on instead of a onesie or pj's) and then the rest is history! oh to make it better... he had not pooped well in a few days and got back in the habit of waking up to eat in the middle of the night after having a cold... so a friend told me to try solids at night... so i decided on the pruns and oatmeal to help his little system and hold him over... so needless to say it was a TON of poop! it took dh and i 45 minutes to clean everything up... now im beating myself up for not taking pictures

Mama to Eli Rivers, Levi Wolf, Leland Malachi
in my heart forever Skyler Hope, Noah Journey, Natalina Grace, & Jebediah Willow
awaiting His timing in our children from Africa
sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:03 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: the joys of motherhood and poop

Obviously he read the book, painting with poo
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:34 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: the joys of motherhood and poop

Oh My! You poor thing! It must be funny in retrospect...but geez to come in and see that...YUCK!

My daughter was the same way at that age...I literally had to pin her down to do diaper changes and I dreaded them...that's why I started the potty too...
Olivia ... Mommy to Natalie 12/31/05 and Garrett 2/04/08

Polliwogs Recycled Wool Slippers
ocanfield is offline   Reply With Quote