Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-03-2008, 04:50 AM   #1
Teacup9
Registered Users
seller

Infant position ideas

My baby is a very small seven month old. Picture a three month old with the skills of a six month old.

So after reading The Diaper Free Baby book I thought "what the heck" and took my recently awakened baby to the bathroom. I held him at the waist over the toliet and facing me. He kicked his legs, looked curious, listened while I made up a bad potty song, and then peed all over the floor. He either thought going on the floor or my psssy noises were a real riot. I tried it another time holding him under his knees, not facing me, in a sort of sitting position and he peed right into the air. He was also not as proud of himself as the first time and I think it is because we weren't facing each other.

So any idea on how to hold a boy who likes to see me and typically pees straight up unless a diaper is holding him down?

I am going to look for a Bjorn little pott at Target today.

Advertisement

Old 06-03-2008, 06:59 AM   #2
pixiepunk
Registered Users
seller

Re: Infant position ideas

definitely get a little potty for him to sit on. or a seat reducer for him to sit on at the big potty.

if you have a mirror at your sink you can hold him facing away from you at the sink and he can see you in the mirror.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:36 AM   #3
ocanfield
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Infant position ideas

I agree...just make sure it has a high pee guard! The Bjorn little potty works for us...although I still have my son facing away from me because he can't sit up yet on his own and it's easier for me.

Polliwogs Recycled Wool Slippers
ocanfield is offline   Reply With Quote