Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-16-2006, 10:07 PM   #61
turtlemoon74
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ok, WHY don't you VAX?

Have any of you ladies had experiences with a pediatrician not accepting your child as a patient if they're not vaxed?

Advertisement

Old 10-17-2006, 08:56 AM   #62
presleycaedmon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlemoon74 View Post
Have any of you ladies had experiences with a pediatrician not accepting your child as a patient if they're not vaxed?
We're going through this right now as a matter of fact.

My son, who is 5 years old, had all of his vax's on schedule for 4 years and then we decided to stop vaxing when I became pregnant with my daughter and did more research. I feel an incredible amount of guilt for letting dr's bully me into vaxing my child, but that's another post for another day...

At any rate, my son has been with the same ped. for 3 years now. We started seeing her due to DS's chronic asthma problems and we absolutely loved her. However, when DD was born we called to see if she would continue to see our kids if they weren't vax'd. Not only did she say "heck no!", but I got a lengthy lecture about being irresponsible with my children's lives. On a side note my sons chronic asthma (which had kept him in the hospital a total of 7 weeks in one year) has vanished since we stopped vax'ing (specifically since we stopped the flu vax that the dr's kept forcing on him in the hospital).

We are currently on the hunt for a dr. who's views line up with ours. That is no easy task here in West Texas and as a result, my DD (who was born at home) is 6.5 months old and has never seen a doctor at all.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:49 PM   #63
Babyvan
Registered Users

Heidisue, why did you answer this? Since you are clearly provax? Did you want to save someone? your post has a lot of errors in it, actually, and your description of how the immune system functions was pretty simplistic and based on theory that actually is not panning out in further research. I'm sure you are meaning well, but I really don't think this was the right thread for that post.

To answer the OP's question:
I didn't know that anyone didn't vax and I fully vaxed my oldest two up to age 5, and my third to age 1. At that point, my oldest was 6.5 and was diagnosed with autism (even though he was symptomatic looooong before). I started hearing about the MMR and a possible link w/ autism (the pathway of this has now been discovered, btw). That scared me. I put off my then 1 yo's MMR shot. Then I heard about mercury and I stopped all vax's until I could learn more.

That was the start of about 6 years of researching. Since then I have discovered enough about how vaccines are made, the theory behind them, the lack of testing of vaccines, the confilcts of interest in vaccine policymaking, the scary ingredients, the affects of these ingredients on the body, the questionable (fautly) science behind it, history of vaccines, and the diseased themselves. We don't vaccinate anymore because vaccination theory is flawed and based on junk science, vaccines do more harm than good, they don't "immunize" (that is, they don't confer lifelong immunity nor is immunity passed on through breastmilk to newborns) vaccines aren't effective, they wear off, and they do damage the immune system.

I would much prefer my child contracted measles or rubella or pertussis than have the vaccines for any of those (or any other vaccine). Pertussis is only a real danger to children under 6 months of age, so by the time they are fully vaccinated, they aren't succeptible to it. Wild strain Polio doesn't exist in the US (and even then, it is only RARELY the cause of paralysis), and much much more that I really don't have time to outline here.

Along w/ learning about the vaccines, I would STRONGLY recommend that you learn about the history of vaccination (for example that most "VPD's" were already on the decline before vaccines were introduced, and in some cases, the vaccine caused an upsurgence in the number of cases), as well as learning more about the "VPD's" themselves .....what the symptoms are, how they are contracted, complications and complication rates, who is most at risk, what the treatments are, etc.

My second son was also subsequently diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome (a form of autsim) and bipolar disorder. My third son does not have autism and my daughter is vaccine free and completely normally developing.

I don't think this book has been mentioned, but I would HIGHLY recommend Neil Z Miller's book Vaccines: Are They Really Safe and Effective? ( It's a quick read but fully referenced and chalk full of info) I also have an excellent article on the immune system that I would be happy to email to anyone who PM's me their email address.

Good luck to all who are contemplating this difficult and complex issue.
Amy
Babyvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:01 PM   #64
momx2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

amy, please can you send me a copy of that article?

I'm pro-vax, ... but... more that I think about it...I'm pro-vax just because I don't want my kids to get any of these diseases, kwiM? I mean, no parent in their right mind WOULD want their kids to get these diseases; but there's gotta be a reason why you guys aren't vaxing right?

I think my biggest fear right now is that, in this day and age of terrorism, bombs aren't the only threat against us ... Biological warfare (as shown by anthrax scare) is a very real possibility. ...

And as far as mercury goes .. that one I"m not really worried about as far as being an ingredient in the vax. Only because, we live on an island ... and our main staple is fish .. and alot of hte fish we eat are deep sea fish and already have mercury in them. We've been eating fish since baby time with no ill side effects.
momx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:20 PM   #65
Babyvan
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by momx2 View Post
amy, please can you send me a copy of that article?

I'm pro-vax, ... but... more that I think about it...I'm pro-vax just because I don't want my kids to get any of these diseases, kwiM? I mean, no parent in their right mind WOULD want their kids to get these diseases; but there's gotta be a reason why you guys aren't vaxing right?

I think my biggest fear right now is that, in this day and age of terrorism, bombs aren't the only threat against us ... Biological warfare (as shown by anthrax scare) is a very real possibility. ...

And as far as mercury goes .. that one I"m not really worried about as far as being an ingredient in the vax. Only because, we live on an island ... and our main staple is fish .. and alot of hte fish we eat are deep sea fish and already have mercury in them. We've been eating fish since baby time with no ill side effects.
momx2~ Sure! I would be happy to. Just PM me your email please (the article is too long to PM here). I actually *would* prefer my kids get many of the diseases. I would like them to get measles, rubella, and chicken pox beause they'd have life long immunity. Of course the ones like Pertussis that you can get multiple times, not so much...interestingly, my two kids who have had it were fully vaxed.

I doubt that if we find ourselves targets of biological warfare, it would be something that a high percentage of the population is vaccinated for, KWIM? It would be something like smallpox or even more sinister. It won't matter if you've had all your vax's or not...in fact, you might be in better shape w/a strong and unvaxed immune system.
If you are thinking anthrax, yes, there is a vax for taht but I highly doubt you'd want your kids to have it, it's pretty knarley and there have been a LOT of reactions to it.

If you eat a lot of fish, you should be especially concerned about mercury in vaccine. I would strongly suggest you learn more about this issue. Have you seen this video (make sure your sound is on)? Keep in mind that the blood brain barrier is not complete until age 3, that mercury is the second most toxic substance on earth, that is is not easily eliminated from the body and it is more dangerous the more you have. We don't even eat canned tuna anymore. In fact, the only fish we eat is wild salmon.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:27 PM   #66
Babyvan
Registered Users

Forgot to also mention that if any of you are pg, please do not eat tuna or other fish high in mercury as the placenta will concentrate mercury levels and send them to your developing baby where it will attack the baby's developing brain. Any mercury already in your body as well as from the food you eat (and fillings) will be concentrated and will have a much more damaging affect on your developing baby than it has on you!