Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-18-2008, 07:10 AM   #211
Kristen82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pinning challenge! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
Aw, man, don't say that. Now you're getting me too scared again to try pins. And it's too late to change my mind, b/c I've already ordered them.
LOL honestly the ONLY time I've poked myself is pinning my OBV stuff sense it's harder for pins to go through that. Mine just slide through my flats and my CPF.

Advertisement

Kristen82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:35 AM   #212
jadekat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbresolin View Post
Ok. I tried yesterday on a Rainbow short and wow. There was no way that pin was going in! Isn't there a way to help it go in easier?
The rainbow shorts seem to be a thicker weave. I have the hardest time getting pins in them too!
Old 06-03-2008, 07:44 PM   #213
glupton
Registered Users
seller

this thread has been good motivation.

for others who might have missed it the first time around like me
Old 06-03-2008, 08:36 PM   #214
tfjjmc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I pinned for the first time tonight!!! And I only drew a little of my blood... Thank goodness not the babies. But it did stay nice and tight.
tfjjmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:43 PM   #215
heathersmoker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My Mom told me back in the day when I had DS 1 16 years ago, to stick the pins in a bar of soap when you are'nt using them and they slide in easier. It works too! I just started trying to pin again today. I am so out of practice! Her diaper was falling off! LOL!
Old 06-03-2008, 08:47 PM   #216
Xythnia
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I got the nice pins and gave it a 2 day try...and gave it up. However, I can getting some Rita's Rump Pocket Fitteds and those can be pinned with a single pin in front...so I will be giving it another go...albeit an easier one!
ISO: Size 1 Mini Nappis, Capris, Simplex, and Thirsties
Xythnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 04:52 PM   #217
Lyeth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh my! I just read through this thread last night and watched the video on how to pin. I had NO idea it would come in handy just a few short hours later!!!

DS has the *worst* diarrhea today. He has been battling a stomach bug since Saturday, but so far it has been throwing up and a low fever. Today, he just exploded in his diapers!! I mean the totally liquid, runny poo that gets forcefully expelled and just explodes the diaper

Well, I was using ONLY my pins, not even looking at my Snappis and put into practice all the things I have learned on here. So far, my prefolds were always hopeless, while I was getting rather good at my flats.

Well, today I ROCK!! I mean, tight leg gussets, and not a single molecule of DS's poo escaped my diapers! The wool covers are still untouched! That has never happened before, and today time after time (and I am changing him constantly 3-4 times before he is done pooping for a bit)

I will now go and give myself a pat on the back.

Oh, and everybody who contributed to this thread of course
Old 06-04-2008, 10:11 PM   #218
alyssasmommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyeth View Post
Oh my! I just read through this thread last night and watched the video on how to pin. I had NO idea it would come in handy just a few short hours later!!!

DS has the *worst* diarrhea today. He has been battling a stomach bug since Saturday, but so far it has been throwing up and a low fever. Today, he just exploded in his diapers!! I mean the totally liquid, runny poo that gets forcefully expelled and just explodes the diaper

Well, I was using ONLY my pins, not even looking at my Snappis and put into practice all the things I have learned on here. So far, my prefolds were always hopeless, while I was getting rather good at my flats.

Well, today I ROCK!! I mean, tight leg gussets, and not a single molecule of DS's poo escaped my diapers! The wool covers are still untouched! That has never happened before, and today time after time (and I am changing him constantly 3-4 times before he is done pooping for a bit)

I will now go and give myself a pat on the back.

Oh, and everybody who contributed to this thread of course

that's awesome mama! doesn't it feel good to know you can wrap him up in soft cotton and still catch all those poos? yay! go you!