Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-01-2008, 04:58 PM   #1
kaoh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Seeking agency in Virginia that deals with intra-state adoption

So long story short we are talking with a potential birth family about possibly adopting a baby boy due this summer. The birth family found an agency in Virgina that will provide birth mother counseling, but were told that the agency doesn't help with out of state adoptions should the birth family decide to make an adoption plan with us. My agency is willing to work with whatever agency in Virginia to facilitate the adoption, but this would be their first with a Virgina birth family. Does anyone know what agencies in Virgina that will work with the birth family for an identified adoptive family in Ohio? This is in the Fairfax area. Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 06-04-2008, 05:12 PM   #2
shllywlly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Seeking agency in Virginia that deals with intra-state adoption

I think Catholic Charities of Arlington could help you.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:16 PM   #3
BabyMarksMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'll ask my friend who they used- I know that a lot of states have tricky rules in regards to the ICPC. We were in IN for a month because of the rules being different than in TX. Have you checked out The Complete Adoption book for some recommendations- I think there are some in their reference section.
BabyMarksMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:59 PM   #4
kaoh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyMarksMommy View Post
I'll ask my friend who they used- I know that a lot of states have tricky rules in regards to the ICPC. We were in IN for a month because of the rules being different than in TX. Have you checked out The Complete Adoption book for some recommendations- I think there are some in their reference section.
Thanks for responding - Actually I've since found out that agencies won't work with birth moms adopting their babies out of states - the birth moms have to go through lawyers. Which is hard because they are probably not getting the counseling they need. We found a lawyer, I'm just waiting for the birth mom to let us know what her decision is.