Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-28-2008, 06:58 PM   #1
*Alabamamom*
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Question Anyone Else Want to TTC, But No PPAF Yet???

DS is 26 months and STILL no ppaf.. I'm not getting any younger here.. Will be 36 on Saturday! DS was down to bedtime nursing only, but got really sick so I let him nurse on demand.. I don't think I will have a problem getting him back to bedtime actually.. but I don't think he will let the night time nursies go any time soon. And well, it appears my body isn't going to let my fertility return as long as he's nursing, no matter how little. He had been down to only night time for a few months... It's just frustrating. I also have thyroid issues that I wanted to get taken care of (radiation or surgical removal) before getting pg again. But, after discussing with my dr, he seems to think as long as my current meds are keeping me in range, I can stay on them a good while longer though. So, I'm getting a little antsy to ttc now.. Any tips on how to get my fertility to return while he keeps his night nursings???

Advertisement

Granna to two amazing grandsons!! <3
*Alabamamom* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:21 PM   #2
TempoHasPaws
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone Else Want to TTC, But No PPAF Yet???

I totally feel your pain! Only I'm on the opposite end, I got my ppaf at 15m pp and now at almost 22m pp my daughter is still exclusively breastfed I want to start ttc soo bad, but I'm afraid of my milk drying up and her starving herself ahhhh
Old 05-28-2008, 09:22 PM   #3
*Alabamamom*
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Well at 22mo doesn't she eat any solids? DS is pretty picky and when he gets sick, that's all he wants is to nurse so if it weren't for that, he'd surely starve.. I guess I feel that I met my 2 yr goal too and I'm just getting antsy to move from this stage and move onto the next.. kwim? That and the fact that ppaf just is going to be MIA until he's weaned!
Old 05-28-2008, 10:48 PM   #4
photogal
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have PCOS so I have no idea when to expect AF again. I'm not ready to TTC yet as DD is only 6 months, and therefore I'm thrilled not to have AF for now, but I'm prepared for TTC to take quite some time again and I want to chart for some time in there too. (I'll be 35-36 myself by then as well.) I don't really have any advice, just more !

And happy birthday!!!
Old 05-28-2008, 10:51 PM   #5
TempoHasPaws
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Alabamamom* View Post
Well at 22mo doesn't she eat any solids? DS is pretty picky and when he gets sick, that's all he wants is to nurse so if it weren't for that, he'd surely starve.. I guess I feel that I met my 2 yr goal too and I'm just getting antsy to move from this stage and move onto the next.. kwim? That and the fact that ppaf just is going to be MIA until he's weaned!
Nope, none, never has, just out right refuses I'm just now starting to pump and freeze in hopes of making it through a pregnancy then pump/nurse for my daughter until she's in college..err I mean done
Old 05-28-2008, 11:02 PM   #6
Micheliala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted to lend my support! I'm in the same age range too and I have thyroid issues... I have a 17month old that is keeping things suppressed here.. I look forward to ttc soon too Its hard for me too because I get worried about getting too old... what is too old anyway? Best wishes to everyone else here!
Micheliala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 11:09 PM   #7
*Alabamamom*
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheliala View Post
Just wanted to lend my support! I'm in the same age range too and I have thyroid issues... I have a 17month old that is keeping things suppressed here.. I look forward to ttc soon too Its hard for me too because I get worried about getting too old... what is too old anyway? Best wishes to everyone else here!
Everyone has their limit but I really would like to have one more BEFORE I hit 40.. I have a dd that will be 18 in a few months and plans to marry and I just would like to have my own kids in kindergarten before I have grandbabies.. Sounds odd just to say such a thing..
Old 05-29-2008, 06:27 AM   #8
cupcakewright
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I too am wanting to get pg again sooner then later, Catherine is 8 months so by this fall I would like to be thinking about TTC. I would like 2 more babies I think and I will be 34 in October.

Angel, I understand the grandbaby thing, haha, My oldest is 14 but is a boy so hopefully we have another 10 years haha!

I think it would kind of be fun for my littles ones to be Aunts and Uncles though before they are adults. I bet they would love it.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:35 PM   #9
mtchen79
Registered Users
seller

Count me in, in the process of TTC but no PPAF yet...there was one week of mild spotting in Jan but otherwise nothing since then and I am definitely not preggo. DD still nurses quite a bit even through the night at almost 16 months. I went for my annual OB/GYN exam today and was examined by a PA, she was literally shocked that I still nurse DD as frequently as I do on a daily basis but she wasn't encouraging me to wean or anything.
Mom to DD1 02/07, DD2 03/09 and #3 in 01/12
mtchen79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:38 PM   #10
mamadrea
Registered Users

Okay, me too... sort of. Not TTC, but not *not* trying either, ya know?

Anyway, no AF yet here either. My son is almost 15 months and is still nursing all the time. Even though I'm not in a hurry to wean him, I'm ready to cut back a bit, but that is soooo much easier said than done. I'm bracing myself for the onslaught of mean-ness I'm going to get from the pediatrician at his 15 month check up next week (at the last appointment, she told me I should wean him "cold turkey"... crazy, crazy military doctors...)

Not that it is any of my business, but... Did any of you lose a ton of weight from breastfeeding? Sometimes I wonder if that is why I haven't had AF yet. I was 117 lbs. and had fairly normal cycles when I got pregnant, but now am down to 104 since I've had my little one and have been breastfeeding. Sometimes I think my body is just trying to stop me from nourishing two little beings at once and that's why my cycles haven't returned yet.

I'm glad to know I'm not alone on this. Most women I know say they got theirs around the 6 - 9 month marker. I just want to TTC soon, and will be bummed if we can't...

Last edited by mamadrea; 06-04-2008 at 09:38 PM. Reason: edited so I could subscribe to the thread... because I always forget to do that!
mamadrea is offline   Reply With Quote