Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-07-2008, 02:21 PM   #11
~sarah~
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lame question

My son is 6 months old...he eats an average of 48oz every 24 hrs. He weighs 17lbs 10.5oz. He is on Similac Sensitive. I find that it's cheaper at Wal-Mart and Target than at the grocery store.

Advertisement

~sarah~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:37 PM   #12
sharleyanne
Registered Users

My Mood:

I've had several folks in the medical field tell me that Similac is the best formulated. They also commented that their knowledge is a few years old and it is possible that they other brands (generic and otherwise) may have improved their formulas. One former nurse said that they used to tell folks that Enfamil got an "E" grade (as in almost an "F"). Similac is also what they used at Johns Hopkins hospital, where by BF worked as a nursing student 3 years ago...

Breast milk really is the best though, so if you haven't had your baby yet I'd look into getting the most support you can to breastfeed. Not only is it good for your baby and you, but also economical! It is also REALLY hard, but rewarding.

Green Me!
sharleyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:57 PM   #13
tucker07maggie
Registered Users

My Mood:
Wink Re: Lame question

I have been useing the Parents Choices Organic Formula from wal mart. My little one loves it. She had been on it for two months and i havent had any problems. I go through about three cans a month. I use the walmart brand of diapers and they are the only ones that dont give my little girl rash. I hope this helps.
tucker07maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:19 PM   #14
cravnp99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I started using Member's Mark (Sam's Club brand) since dd was a few weeks old.... and whenever I get a coupon for Enfamil I buy it, but she seems to do better on the Member's Mark anyway! Plus, you can buy it in the larger can, so fewer containers to clutter the landfill!

I spend $40 - $60 per month for Sam's Club formula ($20 for a 51.4 oz. can)
Plus I also add a supplement to the formula that has some of the same properties as breastmilk.... which is probably another $20 per month. If I add enough to the formula, her BMs look like she's breastfed. (If anyone is interested in hearing about it, PM me...)

Here's what Sam's Club website says:

"Fortified with iron, Memberís Mark Milk with Lipids contains all the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients required for a healthy baby's first year. If you choose infant formula, there is simply no better formula than Memberís Mark. Our formula is nutritionally comparable to Enfamilģ LIPILģ and has the lipids DHA and ARA, nutrients found naturally in mother's milk that support infant mental and visual development. And, like all infant formulas in the United States, Memberís Mark is nutritionally complete and meets the strict nutritional infant formula guidelines determined by the FDA. In fact, the FDA strictly regulates the minimum and maximum amount of every nutrient in all infant formulas, so you donít have to be a scientist to make sure your baby is getting what he or she needs to grow.
For more information, visit http://www.membersmarkformula.com"

You can also sign up for a free sample:
http://www.membersmarkformula.com/free_sample.aspx
Praying for #2 - either by birth or adoption
Paula - Wife to youth pastor & Mamma to Alli born 01/03/07 & brought home on 01/05/07
cravnp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:32 PM   #15
momofkris
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use parents choice from Walmart its $11 for a 25.7 oz can and my ds goes through that in about a week.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:53 PM   #16
crystalanne79
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have pretty much always used a can a week (since 3 months old and is now 9 months old) and we use Parent's Choice with Iron. I have been told by many doctors and nurses that all Baby Formula's have to meet the same criteria and all are good so not to bother buying the most expensive. We pay about $12 for a large can every week.

crystalanne79 is offline   Reply With Quote