Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-06-2008, 11:43 AM   #21
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Apparently I'm crazy b/c I won't use formula...

caffine made my daughter spit up a lot
i cut that out, along with dairy and she was fine

GL! people are so pushy

the forumla will make it worse...

Originally Posted by cm.thomas View Post
Warning....long rant ahead!
My SIL and DH are driving me crazy! DS has REALLY bad reflux, wasn't gaining weight etc. and they are both on me to give him formula to see if it helps at all. I was doing no dairy for awhile and it did help but now that DS is on a medication that is working, when I eat dairy, it doesn't affect him. DH is still on me about eating dairy, SIL (who says she never wants to bf btw and wouldn't even try) is just pushing and pushing the subject. We were at the store over the weekend and she says heres some Hypo allergenic formula, why don't you try this.

I tell them over and over there is absolutley NO reason for ds to be given formula. If I thought it was something in my diet I would stop eating wheat and gluten and dairy before I would give him formula. Apparently SIL thinks that is an unrealistic thing to do... DH doesn't see the harm in giving it to him temporarily to see if it is something in my diet and the formula makes it better. His solution is to just pump for a couple of days. WTH?!? He doens't seem to understand that I can't pump as much as ds eats! He thinks it's an everflowing fountain of breast milk! So many reasons I want to do off on DH right now, especially since he's usually such a strong supporter of bfing!

Anyone else have crazy family members who JUST DONT GET IT?!? What do you tell them?

Mama to Emerson Lily and Nigel Donovan
Joyful Stars
xois is offline   Reply With Quote