Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-18-2006, 05:26 PM   #11
jjaelovesenglish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do you "keep the baby awake" durring the day?

Along with the sleeping time, make sure you adjust her eating time accordingly. She probably eats close enough to schedule than not, shift that too and you wont have her fight it so much.

Advertisement

Old 10-18-2006, 05:37 PM   #12
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:

I'd highly recommend the book "Healthy sleep habits, happy child"! It was our life saver with DS. (DD kinda fell automatically into a routine w/little guidance of mine) When DS was 3 mo. old and everybody told me 'try to keep him awake' there was nothing I could do, honestly! When he wanted to sleep/was tired, that was it! With the book I found out that you really should stick to a schedule w/regular waking up time (like 7am), active time to play etc., then 2-3 hrs after their waking time putting them down for a nap for 1-2 hrs., active play time again, etc.
GL
Old 10-19-2006, 06:05 AM   #13
rosiemama
Anyone involved in a FSOT transaction please pm ~happy2bamommy~
seller

heres my advice....get a bunch of loud rowdy kids to come over to your house all day and sing...dance...stomp around....bang doors and generally keep it so the baby CAN'T sleep during the day!
thats how I think my dd manages to sleep ALL (yes you heard it right mamas ...ALL) night~! 12 hours sometimes....she might wake once , sometimes twice to be fed...but she is IN the bed mostly 12 hours!!!!! I have 5 other children ....and they manage to keep the house loud enough that lily does nothing but cat nap all day....so at night she really sleeps! I like it though....I get a couple of hours in the morning when she sleeps to hang and just do nothing ....or get stuff done...but she sleeps!!!!!! unlike my 2 yo....he is up alllllllllll night long....on and off...num num mommmy!!!!!! NUM NUM!!!!!
Old 10-19-2006, 08:51 AM   #14
Severine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I recommend the book [url=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1593153562/ref=nosim/chrisficti-20 Night, Sleep Tight: The Sleep Lady's Guide to Helping Your Child Go to Sleep, Stay Asleep and Wake Up Happy[/url]. IMHO, keeping the baby awake does nothing to help with sleep habits.
Severine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 09:34 AM   #15
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiemama View Post
heres my advice....get a bunch of loud rowdy kids to come over to your house all day and sing...dance...stomp around....bang doors and generally keep it so the baby CAN'T sleep during the day!
thats how I think my dd manages to sleep ALL (yes you heard it right mamas ...ALL) night~! 12 hours sometimes....she might wake once , sometimes twice to be fed...but she is IN the bed mostly 12 hours!!!!! I have 5 other children ....and they manage to keep the house loud enough that lily does nothing but cat nap all day....so at night she really sleeps! I like it though....I get a couple of hours in the morning when she sleeps to hang and just do nothing ....or get stuff done...but she sleeps!!!!!! unlike my 2 yo....he is up alllllllllll night long....on and off...num num mommmy!!!!!! NUM NUM!!!!!
That sounds like it would work great except for the fact that I don't know any children and I don't really like them very much, especially the loud/rowdy ones
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 05:46 PM   #16
jjaelovesenglish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

How are things working out for you?
Old 10-23-2006, 12:32 AM   #17
crunchychristianmom
Registered Users
seller

[QUOTE=rosiemama;380405]heres my advice....get a bunch of loud rowdy kids to come over to your house all day and sing...dance...stomp around....bang doors and generally keep it so the baby CAN'T sleep during the day!
thats how I think my dd manages to sleep ALL (yes you heard it right mamas ...ALL) night~! 12 hours sometimesQUOTE]

This is SO my house! I don't get much done during the day because ds3 doesn't nap longer than 30 minutes, 15 of which I'm nursing him through. But boy can he sleep once the house is quiet!

http://crunchychristianmom.blogspot.com
crunchychristianmom is offline   Reply With Quote