Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-20-2008, 11:02 AM   #11
juliemom23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Feeling sad and rather bummed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravnp99 View Post
Julie,

they are beautiful! And I know my heart would have broke also.... esp. for twin girls! But so glad that God has blessed you with the family you have and pray that those girls are happy and thriving wherever they are.
Thank you so much!

Julie

Advertisement

PM for Ebay and old DS feedback
juliemom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 09:07 AM   #12
j9_shooter9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanine1121 View Post
Adoption is a journey that not everyone understands. it is such a roller coaster of emotions. We had two almost/missed placements, and then we got the two babies placed in our home born within 6 days of each other. I feel I am very blessed to have my family. I believe that God has a reason and a plan.

However, with those two losses, I had to cope with feelings of anger, frustration, and sadness beyond words. Yes, we understand. I mourn the babies I may have been able to mother. I think of them, and wonder how they are doing around their birthdays. But I also have two crazy toddlers running around now and helping me to focus on what is going well in my life.

As everyone has said, there is a plan, and you are destined to a certain type/size of family.

Praying for you
Jeanine
Thanks Jeanine.

From another Janine
Old 05-23-2008, 09:10 AM   #13
j9_shooter9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravnp99 View Post
Julie,

they are beautiful! And I know my heart would have broke also.... esp. for twin girls! But so glad that God has blessed you with the family you have and pray that those girls are happy and thriving wherever they are.
They are beautiful. Wow !
Old 05-27-2008, 06:13 PM   #14
ladyjane1202
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh mama, it's so hard. Feeling for you. We are foster to adopt parents. Our first placement was our dream situation - a safe haven baby going straight to adoption.... until mom showed back up at the hospital a week later. We had our boy for 10 weeks before he went home :-( We also had 4 failed matches of private adoptive placements. Luckily, we didn't bring any of them home.

Now we have our beautiful adoptive daughter who is 2 months old that we hope to finalize in December. We are also currently fostering a 14 month old who we've had since birth. It's still not clear whether she'll stay or not.

it's such a roller coaster. I know it's hard but hang in there
ladyjane1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:10 PM   #15
Kinrice01
Registered Users
seller

I understand, we had started our journey with Guatemala. We were in the process for a year and then it fell through (not to mention the 2 yrs before that where we had planned and dreamed about adopting from Guat.). We had to start over from square one and now are waiting a fost adopt placement. I am excited about this, but sometimes I still go look at Guatemalan babies and feel sad about what might have been.
Kindra: wife to Chris since 6/01 , Stay at Home, AP, homeschooling Mama to: Seth 11/01, Elissa 10/03 , Noah 9/05 , Emma 5/09 , Luke 4/13 ,stepmom to a U.S.Marine Stephen 10/92 , foster mama to siblings I 12/08, J 12/09, and J 4/14
Kinrice01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:45 PM   #16
Ashwin'sMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: onebumatatime!
seller

My Mood:

Sorry mama - I have no experience with this but sending your way!

Tara