Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-19-2006, 08:47 AM   #21
Severine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Did you ever worry......

I did... mainly because I didn't want everyone telling me "how cute" if she wasn't.

I also saw a special on TLC about hermaphrodites and had an insane fear for a while last time that DD would be a hermaphrodite.

Advertisement

Severine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 09:21 AM   #22
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I had much more reason to be worried about wether he would make it (stupid doctors) but yeah, I did wonder if he would be cute or not. And since he had other problems I was worried that his face would be deformed too or something.... But it was all good in the end.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 10:04 AM   #23
deejahd
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I totally worry about this all of the time!!! Glad to know I'm not the only insane one. Mostly because my husbands family are all ugly (don't know how he's so handsome) both of his parents are very unattractive and both his sisters....I thought man, chances aren't good for us. Man I sound mean, but the truth is the truth. But as you can see from my avatar my son is uber cute, and I hope the same for his little brother.

I realize how shallow this sounds and I would love my children no matter what they look like, but it's just easier for them in this world being attractive. Although I think it's easier for men than women to overcome unattractiveness in society.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:13 AM   #24
presleycaedmon
Registered Users
seller

I constantly worried that DD wouldn't be as cute/as smart/as fun/as funny, etc as DS. I would always call my mom and say "Mom, what if this baby isn't adorable/smart/funny like Caedmon is?!?" LOL

In fact, I'll tell all you DS mama's something that very few people know...
When dd came out and me and dh sat there in the birth pool looking at her we both said "She's amazing and beautiful...but she's not as cute as Caedmon was." In our defense, Caedmon came super fast and had zero vernix or blood on him. He looked like a newborn in the movies. Presley, on the other hand, was in the birth canal for a loooooooong time. So, although she didn't have a cone head, her face was very, very swollen.

But now we think she's absolutely the most beautiful girl in the world!
Old 10-19-2006, 10:38 AM   #25
mom2fussy
Registered Users
seller

You're not alone. Worrying that my son would be ugly was actually one of my **BIGGEST** fears!!! DH was an ugly baby & ugly child, so I felt I had good reason to worry! And I'm not just imagining that - I'd show people DH's baby pictures, and they'd say "Wow, you weren't kidding!" Even DH's aunt later told me "I always thought he was such an ugly baby, but of course I couldn't tell his mom that."

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothing_butt_cloth View Post
Every mom thinks they have the cutest kids on the planet.. I was afraid i would think that and really be walking around with an ugly kid. I just wanted to knowthe truth LOL
And like PP said, I was afraid *I'd* think he was cute, when he actually was really ugly. So I told my mom to set me straight if he was ugly, because I didn't want to be embarrassed going around telling people he was cute when he wasn't!
Old 10-19-2006, 11:02 AM   #26
sparkygirl74
Registered Users
seller
seller

Actually, I was kind of assuming that Del would be ugly. I was an ugly newborn, and dh had a really long face ( he turned into a beautiful toddler though ) and she was just beautiful. No, Really! She was!
Old 10-19-2006, 11:12 AM   #27
betty_joanne
Registered Users
seller
seller

I worried about everything with Ashna being my first and all. My biggest fears were that she would not be "normal" and that she would have severe congenital ptosis(eyes). Severe ptosis runs on my side of the family so it was a real concern. Luckily she turned out to be fine and if there is ptosis it is minor in one eye and most likely she won't need surgery to correct it.
Now, being honest i hoped she would not look like me. This was due to my own insecurities. But, she popped out looking just like a mini version of me(with the exception of having blue eyes and not brown) so it has been a learning experience for me. Like, since i think she is beautiful then maybe someday i will think i am atleast ok looking, kwim?
Now, if she would grow some hair. OH well, i guess she makes a cute little boy for now.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:25 AM   #28
cuties02q
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes i actually spent lots of time worry about that Then when dd turned out pretty cute i was even more worried the next one would be ugly But they are both cute
PhotographyBlog
cuties02q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:27 AM   #29
laneylue+2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't worry about my DS being ugly, but my MIL sure seems to.

She makes comments like, "I hope he's as cute as Kayla (my DD). She's the cutest baby in the world." I'm like, geez, if she's the cutest baby then how can be as cute? What if he's ugly? What then?? Will he not be as good?

But, she says that not only about looks. DD is/was an exceptionally easy baby. In my opinion, she is pretty atypical of how most babies/toddlers behave. She says that she hopes my boy is as "good" as Kayla. Yeah, so do I but I don't really expect it.

So I guess I worry more about comments that might be made if she doesn't find him as cute or well-behaved as my DD. However, I'm thinking once she meets him and falls in love with him she'll think he does no wrong, too, just like she thinks that about DD.
laneylue+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 12:19 PM   #30
DiapeyMom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFabMama View Post
I did, but what Mother really truly thinks their child is ugly? Once that baby is laid on your chest everything just stops and that baby is the most beautiful little thing ever (and lets be honest, they aint THAT cute covered in white gunk and blood KWIM? lol).

Dont get me wrong I wanted nothing more than a healthy child but I did think about that often too. Dont worry. Your baby wont be ugly, I promise.
Yeah, I definitely worried about it. In fact, I also was freaked out about the yucky stuff on the baby and spoke to the dr about cleaning the baby before putting her on me. I don't know why I even cared.

As it turns out, my dd had to be intabated before she could breathe because she had meconium in her fluid. So, I wasn't able to even see her for 45 minutes. She was cleaned up all right...they had enough of time.

The only time I panicked was after dd was taken to be intabated and my ob/gyn said "He will be just fine". I said "He? You told me twice I was having a girl!." Then she looked/scooted over there and said, "Sorry, it is a girl.".

I saw the horror of a pink butterfly nursery with a little baby boy in it during those split seconds. Ha Ha Ha