Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-19-2006, 12:41 PM   #31
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Did you ever worry......

Gulity as charged! lol

I was so freaked out about having a ugly baby.. I got a story for ya. lol when my bestfriend runs across unattractive babies, she calls them Precious.
It's always this kind of inside thing we got, we'll be walking around the mall or something and she'll see a baby.. and i'll wait to hear Precious or Beautiful. beautiful.. that's good. Precious.. not good. lol

Anyway, when she came up to the hosptial the day after I had miranda, the first thing she said when i handed her over was how PRECIOUS she was..
I said WHAT???!!!!! no one else in the room knew the inside thing, but my friend caught on right away and she said, "oh jeez! I didn't mean it that way?! i'm sorry! beautiful! i mean beautiful! lol" Everyone else was looking at us like we were freaks, because most people would think precous was a nice thing to say. lol After that, she stopped using precious when she saw a baby. lol

I also worried that i would think she was cute, but she really wouldn't be, or that people would think she was ugly but tell me she was pretty not to hurt my feelings.... one of the first pictures is located here.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...firstweek1.jpg

that's me and her. One of her periods of sleeping she did rarely. lol
she had a bad scab on the side of her face, and she was so dark i wondered if she was actually mine. lol

anyway, I think alot of people worry like this. I think it's a hormone thing. lol
I was also freaked out by all the horrible things i'd been hearing about online.
so was i not only worried about her being ugly but that she would be born with missing a leg or something horrible like that.

Advertisement

jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 12:56 PM   #32
singlemomto3
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapeyMom View Post
Yeah, I definitely worried about it. In fact, I also was freaked out about the yucky stuff on the baby and spoke to the dr about cleaning the baby before putting her on me. I don't know why I even cared.
Me too... and i ended up catching him myself in the car on the way to the hospital, and didn't freek out about it being gross lol
singlemomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 01:00 PM   #33
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

You delivered your own baby? How cool is that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlemomto3 View Post
Me too... and i ended up catching him myself in the car on the way to the hospital, and didn't freek out about it being gross lol
Old 10-19-2006, 01:35 PM   #34
doberbrat
Registered Users
seller

Guilty!

Here's my totally twisted logic... After several m/c, and a nasty, complicated pg, I figured that if this one survived, God would allow it to be healthy. Either way, that part wasnt up to me.

So, I prayed for...

Small -(easy to deliver)
sleeps well- (that I could recover and be a good mom)
Cute - ( b/c Cute covers a multitude of sins)

One of my foster dogs is Cute- and thank God! He's neurotic, afraid of the world, allergic to everything, and has 2 brain cells that do not function simultaneously at the same time - takes him 8 times longer to learn ANYTHING as any of my others, but he's cute so he's still with us.

I didnt need a beautiful baby, just one that *I* found cute so that I could overlook the bad times and still love it.

DH was mad at me - telling me I should be praying for healthy and Smart. I told him he was welcome to pray for what he wanted, and I'd pray for what I wanted.

God was VERY kind to us in granting us all of our wishes! We'll Never be this lucky again
doberbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 02:46 PM   #35
GetFionadiapers
Registered Users
seller

not with my oldest but a little with my second, I had an ultrasound and the pic of her profile looked funny, I was worried she had a really big nose.

She is IMO the prettiest little thing! Her nose is perfect. I did however have this nasty woman tell me that she was Fing ugly! (she just doesnt like me) she also refered to my oldest as a rotten little Sh**

I dont know I think she is wrong about both of them (Well the oldest one can act like a brat sometimes like all normal kids will do but she isnt a rotten kid)

you tell me if she was right about my youngest

Last edited by GetFionadiapers; 10-19-2006 at 02:47 PM.
GetFionadiapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:31 PM   #36
janendragon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severine View Post
I also saw a special on TLC about hermaphrodites and had an insane fear for a while last time that DD would be a hermaphrodite.
WOOHOO! i wasnt the only one!

my fears od ds not having a foot were crazy, because at the ultrasound he kept moving so much, most the time all we saw were his feet!

SAHM to my crazy toddler

Last edited by janendragon; 10-19-2006 at 03:37 PM.
janendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:36 PM   #37
davechan2003
Registered Users
seller

Well, I believe of course, that my ds is the sweetest little boy ever, and I was sure he got all the looks and dd would have none! But of course she is beautiful too.

And besides, I figured if I had an ugly baby, I'd never know it anyway!

eta: I've finally been scrapbooking pics of my kids since birth, and though I thought they were so gorgeous at the time, some of the pics sure aren't very flattering! I'm sure it's just bad photography though, lol......ya that's it!

Last edited by davechan2003; 10-19-2006 at 11:41 PM.
davechan2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 02:19 PM   #38
travelinmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The whole time I was pregnant with my dd I was so scared that she would get her fathers nose. He really had a honker. But she got a sweet little button nose. I would have loved her anyway, but it would have been harder on her once puberty hits and she's worried about her looks. KWIM
travelinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 02:32 PM   #39
Korbins Mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

HA HA HA!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one that worried about this. My dh looks like John Lennon and I was so worried that my little hippie baby would give Father Time a heart attack. Praise God, he took after me. *wink wink*
Old 10-20-2006, 06:19 PM   #40
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i used to say i felt sorry for any kid me and thomas had, weve both got big noses but our sons isnt weird like mine or straight like thomass, its straight town and his nostrils are curved, like mine, so its part of both of ours
and they both have crooked toes and toe nails which i think are funny, LOL but that wasnt something i was freaked about, its more of proof hes thomasss (not that theres doubt except from his idiot parents..)
but anyway...yeah. LOL he looks just liek i wanted him to!
and he wasnt covered in anything either, no wronkles, just little fat rolls at birth
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote