Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2008, 07:30 AM   #41
amiemarie7
Registered Users
seller

Re: Help me out... Doc said I should stop CDing....

dont you ever get the thought that doctors often are just giving their opinion, or their past experience as a parent, and it in now way has medical proof. just off the top of my head-

friends doctor told her she really need to wean the baby off the pacifier- she was 6 weeks old. she gave absolutely no reason at all. the aap recommends pacifier use and dentists have no problem with pacifiers as long as they are taken away by 2-3. they prefer them to thumb sucking since you can take them away.

aap recommends breastfeeding exclusively till 6 months, and best benefits if breastfeeding till 2. several relatives give their baby cereal much before 6 months on the guidance of their doctor even though they EBF. some doctors have babies eating cereal in the bottle which is a no no. these same doctors are very stern about weaning baby right at the one year mark. but they give no medical reason whatsoever.

i just really dont get doctors giving their opinions, esp when as in your case, you didnt even ask if the CD were a problem and were there for another reason. why are doctors going against aap guidelines. if i wanted an opinion, i would stop some lady at the mall and ask her. i dont want to pay a doctor for his opinion, im paying for all the years of medical school, kwim.

even IF the cloth diapes were enhancing a problem versus disposables which would suck up more liquid, the point is you need to find out what is actually causing the rash. diapers or not, there is some interaction going on and he should be wondering what it is instead of hiding it. good luck.

Advertisement

Old 06-08-2008, 11:36 PM   #42
jazacher
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I realize that 6 kiddos may make this hard but with it being summer and warm, could they go diaper less at least outside? It seems to help my son's regular and yeast rashes clear up. I've even pu the creams on and still let him run around with out a dipe.
jazacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:08 AM   #43
drewbears
Registered Users
seller

Just an update....

She is fine... I had gotten some LUVs and MAN those things STINK! YUCK!

But her skin seemed worse in the Luvs, so I did mutts and Gms with no cover and she is all clear!
Bella(2),
& Sophie - Born Oct 5th 09
drewbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:43 AM   #44
proudmommaof4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My LO used to get rashes/burns like that all the time and we used sposie's. We just switched to cloth. His dermatologist even told us to try cloth on him. what my LO's was, was a chemical reaction between his body. His skin just can't handle any acidic poo so if he has too much milk, juice, anything with acids he does that.

Go with what you want to do. Obviously you know that it is not the CD's since your other LO get's the same thing in sposie's.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:56 AM   #45
LilOutlaws
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wouldn't stop! You know what is best for your kids, not the doc. Going to medical school doesn't mean they know your kids. Sounds like the poop and sensitive skin are the issue, not the CDs. My DS was switched to cloth BY his pedi b/c of rashes like that, we learned later that it was because he was allergic to sposies and b/c he is highly allergic to milk (I can't even cook with butter!) and dairy/lactose. We have to shop very carefully But if we do it right, no more rashes (except when he's teething)..

Oh and Nicole have you tried stripping and sanitizing your dipes? Maybe even boiling them? If it's worse with CD then maybe you have bacteria built up??

HTH!
LilOutlaws is offline   Reply With Quote