Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-09-2008, 06:04 PM   #11
germanmommy
Registered Users
Foremerly: daugh****

Re: BFeeding and weight gain question/concerns

Hello,and I think that it is awesone that you Bf your child - good job!
I'm a mom of 2 Bf girls and I don't think that you have to be worry about the weight gain.Sometimes they weigh more and than less and a lot of scales are not accorate.Just keep an eye on it !
I Bf my frist one until she was 22 month old and my 2 one ( now 11 weeks ) until at least 20 month.
Chris

Advertisement

germanmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:58 AM   #12
kimberlee212
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh my goodness. Your post described my daughter down to the birth weigh and current weight. I completely understand you. I got so tired of strangers coming up to us and asking how old she was, she looked too small to be sitting up on her own, if she was a premie, etc. My daughter hit all her milestones earlier than average and she was growing, just at her own pace. My doc was never concerned because she was on the same growth curve (at the bottom) for the first 18 months of her life. Somewhere after her 18 month appointment, she started growing. By her 2 year checkup her weight and height were in the 40th and 50th percentile. This was from less than 5th percentile for weight and 20th for height at her 1 year check up. The doctor asked what I was doing differently, and I told him absolutely nothing. Just hang in there. It sounds like you just have a petite princess.

And like you, I was scared to go to WBV. I was afraid they'd recommend supplementing (never did) or label as FTT (never did).

Last edited by kimberlee212; 06-10-2008 at 09:00 AM.
kimberlee212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:22 AM   #13
karlitacat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

PS - I forgot to tell you that even though my baby's doctor advocates starting solids at 4 months, she said to keep solely breastfeeding because of the calories (like one of the other posters said). I did that for a little while before adding the cereal to her bottles, and eventually starting food food. Let me know if any of those things work for increasing milk production!
Preggers with baby #4!

Follow me & my crazy thoughts on Wordpress
karlitacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:21 PM   #14
mom2piddle
Registered Users
seller

I will definitely try these suggestions! I'm sure it is just the worrier that I am taking over the sensible side of me again!!! When we are at home, I'm fine...I see her and she is sooo happy and playful! I've just become more and more sensitive when I'm out and about!