Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-07-2008, 11:26 AM   #1
millerbaby07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Great Buttermilk-honey bread!

I made this bread last night one of my grandmas recipes that i didn't remember having as a kid.. it was great!!! I have a copy of all my grandmas handwriten recipes which some are 50 years old any ways here it is!

1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
1 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
3/4 cup warm water
1 1/2 cups buttermilk, room temp
2 tablespoons butter, melted unsalted is better
3 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon salt
6 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

small bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in the warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.

Combine buttermilk, butter, honey and the yeast mixture in a large mixing bowl. Add salt and two cups of the flour. mix well.

Add the remaining flour, a cup at a time, mixing well with a wooden spoon after each addition. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.

Lightly oil or butter a large mixing bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and put in a warm place to rise until doubled about an hour.

Divide the dough into two pieces and form into loaves. Place the loaves into two lightly greased 9x5 inch loaf pans or cockie sheet depending on what shape you want your loaf
. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.

Bake at 375 degrees F 30 minutes until golden

Advertisement

I'm a a cloth diapern' breastfeeding, baby wearing waterbirthing mama to Jacob (12/29/07), Emma 12/2/09 & New baby Girl due mid July & loving wife to my navy vet. Johnathan (3/24/07) IHA: Core Values NB NIP ISO: Melon Splash OS
millerbaby07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 06:26 PM   #2
mcbruhn
Registered Users

Re: Great Buttermilk-honey bread!

MMMMMMMMMMMM! Once this little kid is outta me and I don't have to worry about my carb intake with gestational diabetes, this will be on my list of stuff to make! Thanks!
Old 06-10-2008, 02:27 PM   #3
natesgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Great Buttermilk-honey bread!

this bread is so YUMMY thanks for sharing the recipe i did use part whole wheat flour thanks sooo much!!!!