Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-10-2008, 05:12 AM   #21
SBUTTON
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: getting tired of all night nursing what to do?

My son is 5 months old also and he still wakes up to nurse. I am not co-sleeping anymore but his crib is in my room. H*ll, last night he was waking up every 1 1/2 hrs to nurse. I know how you feel about being tired and feeling short tempered with your other children, I also have two children and I know that I'm not as happy or full of enegry anymore becuz of loss of sleep. My DS usually wakes up 2-3 times during the night for a feeding but as soon as he nurses he falls right back to sleep. I feel that if your DH can help you thru the night by taking over a little it might help. I would try different paci's just in case. But if she gets to upset just nurse her then hand her right back to DH and let him tuck her in for the night. I do understand what your going thru, half the time I'm a zombie while nursing my LO in the middle of the night. After she is done nursing taking her off your breast and place her farther away from you so she can't just latch on anytime she wants during the night. If she fusses immediatly I defaintly would try some pacifiers. Try one before she gets to upset though. or she won't take it.

Advertisement

I am a SAHM, who and my 28 month old . I also have a 10 yr old of a daughter and a 9yr old son .
SBUTTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 05:18 AM   #22
SBUTTON
Registered Users

My Mood:

reverse cycle, I think she means that LO sleeps all day, up all night.
I also heard that babies can smell momma's milk. So if your try to comfort her and your trying not to do it by letting her nurse or use you like a pacifier it may not work.
Just like if you were trying to get LS to start taking a bottle she/he might fight it because they know your smell and they will want the real thing, Others say to have another person give bottles until they take them well.

I am a SAHM, who and my 28 month old . I also have a 10 yr old of a daughter and a 9yr old son .
SBUTTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:59 AM   #23
WhatWasIThinking
Registered Users

My Mood:

Reverse cycling means for some reason the baby is getting most of his momma milk at night instead of during the day. The reasones vary. Momma works, baby too busy to nurse, etc.
WhatWasIThinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:14 AM   #24
WhatWasIThinking
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm right there with ya momma! My 5 month old is up all night to eat too. I think it's worse now with the heat! I don't have any advise just
WhatWasIThinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:17 PM   #25
angel95annie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree with many of the pps - this will pass, so be encouraged by that. My LO is 1 yr and just started sleeping for longer than 4 hours about a month ago. Sometimes if she had a stressful day she will still roll over and want to nurse. But when she was 5 months old she nursed a LOT, every 2 hours. Then she stopped and slept, until 7 months old when she nursed every hour - she was teething then.

It will get better - and I don't think that night nursing inhibits her ability to fall asleep on her own. She needs comfort and mommy's milk is the ULTIMATE comfort, there is nothing better.

Bloggin' bout my crazy life at Mama Dweeb!
angel95annie is offline   Reply With Quote