Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2008, 05:59 AM   #1
mama2bay1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
noo poops and waking up all night

Not sure what to do, my DD has been playing around with solids for a couple of months now and has had bowel problems since, last month she went 17 days with no poop and now she is working on 12 days with only a little smoosh in between, I called my old ped ( has appt with new ped in july ) and they suggested a supppository which i used on the 17 day stretch with no poop and it did help she pooped 4 times that day but here we go again, she doesnt eat much solids maybe a 2-3 oz of puree a day and maybe a cracker or two, not sure what is causing this, but this a baby whom when exclusively BF had nice big blowouts 2x's a week.

I have tried prunes and against my better judgement gave a little apple juice but nothing, she really doesnt drink from a sippy good, so i just let her try to drink from a regular cup like us.

anyhow since we have been feeding other foods besides BM she wakes up all night long crying i nurse her and boom back to sleep,( this goes on all night long like 4-5 times, no one is sleeping due to this)

I am wondering if she has reflux issues or something ( she had that when an infant)
or if the no poop issue is causing this.
In the day she is happy cheery, nothing seems to be bothering her, just at bedtime.

So what do you think?

Advertisement

mama2bay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:12 AM   #2
DesireeinCT
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: noo poops and waking up all night

Hmm - a random thought - do you have a Jumperoo? Whenever our little guy is constipated, we give him a good 10 minutes in the "pooperoo" and things are much better