Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2008, 11:36 AM   #1
kikkiagouti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hungry Hippo

My LO has been getting up every hour on the hour and during the day he must eat at least every hour or hour and a half. Don't get me wrong he has never slept through the night - the most he ever sleeps is three hours at a time. I assume this is just a growth spurt? What do you ladies think?! He is going to be twelve weeks old on Monday June 16th. Is there anything I can do to help him sleep longer at night. During the day he takes soo many naps because he is sooo tired. He also gets over tired and refuses to fall asleep. He fights it for half an hour every time hes tired - which is him screaming at the top of his lungs until he finally falls asleep. I hate it when he screams but there is nothing I can do. Suggestions? Tips? Advice? Support?

Advertisement

Old 06-14-2008, 11:54 AM   #2
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hungry Hippo

Sounds like growing to me. I 'd try to ride it out for a day or two. You can always drink some mothers milk tea to help your supply catch up a bit faster.
athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:17 PM   #3
kikkiagouti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What if its already been a week?
Old 06-14-2008, 02:03 PM   #4
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The 3 month growth spurt is a biggy. DD3 took 3 weeks to get through it.

It also seems he is so overtired that his body can't get into a good sleep cycle when he does fall asleep. Have you tried a bedtime routine with him? Say, warm bath at 7:30, lotion and pajama's in a dimly lit room w/out much fanfare, nurse and nurse and nurse, then putting him to bed?
Old 06-14-2008, 03:22 PM   #5
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

I remember DS didn't sleep through the night till he was 10 mths and he wanted to nurse 2-3 times/night up until then. During the day he never went more than 2 hours between feedings. I think he was just a hungry boy. It certainly wasn't me lacking supply (i had way too much)
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:41 AM   #6
kikkiagouti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've noticed that when he wakes up and even sometimes during the day its not that hes really all that hungry - he'll eat just a little and than just sit there will my boob in his mouth but if I take it away he screams. I'm guessing its a growth spurt type thing.

Our nightly routine is: i give him a short massage, then my fiance and i read him book. after that he gets swaddeled and gets rocked to sleep in the glider (after he screams his little head off). If we put him in his crib when hes groggy he wakes up and screams like someone is ripping his toe nails out!! The only way he doesnt scream when going to sleep is if you dance with him, but I feel like he needs to learn how to fall asleep by himself but Im not ready to put him in his crib and walk away yet