Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-15-2008, 06:52 PM   #1
TyNLilysMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Teeth Oh My....

So i breast fed my son and now my daughter... Things have been going just about the same. Same experience. Well my son is 7 years old now. I have a 9 months old. Now at this time with my son, he was eating food more and I started giving him juices and water, more water then juice though, It just seemed like BM wasnt doing good, He was still hungry, So I found out he had a milk and egg allergy. He actually weened himself at 9 months, And I started giving him soy milk, 1 because of the milk allergy, but 2 because the dr told me the soy would actually be better then anything else because its similar to BM, I gave him prosobie. But My question is.. Its been almost 8 years since Ive done this, I dont remember if my son had top teeth yet..My daughter is just starting to cut a top tooth, What do i do to stop her from biting IF she does bite me?

Advertisement

Old 06-16-2008, 07:55 AM   #2
evaliesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Teeth Oh My....

Ouch! I feel your pain mama!

Here's what I did...If she bit me, I said no (tried not to overreact-she thought that was funny) and put her down. I just told her if she bit me, she couldn't have momma milk. She would usually start crying, and I let her cry for about 15 seconds (kind of like a baby time-out!) and then picked her up and relatched. Repeat!

She got the idea pretty quickly. Also, dd usually only bit when she was super tired. So I could see signs of when she was getting ready to bite, and pulled her off before it happened.

Scraping can be an issue too. I don't really have any ideas for that though. I just put up with it, until I got used to it. If anyone has ideas for scraping, I'd love to hear them too!
Old 06-16-2008, 10:28 AM   #3
xelasminin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

just what Jenn said! I've hit the biting stage with my 9 month old! she's getting her teeth in. after a few days she got the hint!
xelasminin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:49 AM   #4
TyNLilysMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you ladies I'll have to try it. My daughter has only chomped down maybe 2 times and its usually when shes super tired...Ugh not looking forward to it though..