Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-15-2008, 06:18 PM   #1
sarahrichardson
Registered Users

Nursing Bras and pregnancy

I am due in 5 weeks. It's hard to find nursing/maternity stuff where I live, so while I was in Little Rock I bought some nursing bras. The lady seemed really knowledgable. She said to make sure there was about enough room to slide my hand into. That means I would go from an A to a B. I bought B's but how much of a change did you experience from the month before birth to after?

Advertisement

Old 06-15-2008, 06:48 PM   #2
kikkiagouti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nursing Bras and pregnancy

I went from a 38C to a 42DD.

Last edited by kikkiagouti; 06-16-2008 at 12:09 PM.
kikkiagouti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 07:09 PM   #3
Edswife25
Registered Users

My Mood:

First of all keep in mind that until your supply regulates (usually around 3 weeks) you will be larger. So if the bras you bought seem too small right after your milk comes in don't panic. Just go buy a cheap compfy sports bra and wait it out. That being said I went from a 36C to a 38D and when I weaned at 35 months I was a 34D (and still am) I would bet on at least one cup size. The band width shouldn't change that much with you being this close to dleivery.
Edswife25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:35 PM   #4
aecryan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

First, I am excited that you have chosen to bf! It is the best food for your lo. It can be difficult at times, but is so rewarding!

I would suggest waiting until your milk comes in to buy nursing bras. There is no way to know, in advance, what you size will be. Motherhood.com has a great chart to help you buy the correct size online. I have bought from them with great success. Also, I absolutely LOVE the sleep bra that they offer! It is super comfy and works great with washable nursing pads at night!

Good luck mama!
aecryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:47 PM   #5
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

I didn't experience much change in my breasts (in fact, I'm an F cup--nursing or not!) but I experienced a HUGE change in the size of my band. While pregnant I seem to expand all over and I wear a 38 band size near the end of my pregnancy, but after I give birth and things start going back to normal I'm down to a 34.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:21 PM   #6
reesesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Everyone is different and I bought bras while Preggo and now have bought MANY others that i just love. Many woman here sell them (and care for them well). I also have fell in love w/ the brand Bravado - no matter how my cup size changes (which is STILL daily) they fit so well. You could also try their Nursing Tanks b/c they have a real bra - I live in them. I wear them under everything!!!

This site has the BEST price (remember they are a BRA & a tank):
http://www.nurturedfamily.com/detail.aspx?ID=156

HTH!

Working Mama, trying to stay on cloth FT

Last edited by reesesmom; 06-15-2008 at 10:22 PM. Reason: spelling
reesesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 02:48 PM   #7
fuzzycakes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know how much I changed. I was a 38B starting out in this pg. I got my nursing bras from Bravado also, and got the "original" ones- kind of like a sports bra/sleep bra/ nursing bra all in one combo, so that throughout pg as your ribcage expands, you have room to grow (in the cup size too). I got the large (38-40 c/d cup), and I am overflowing a bit! Once I regulate, I will buy some prettier bras.

www.breakoutbras.com
~Rebecca~ mamma to DS#1 Emmett (10/26/06) , DS#2 Henry (6/2/08) , and DS#3 Calvin (9/17/09)
fuzzycakes is offline   Reply With Quote