Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-16-2008, 10:55 PM   #11
Amby
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Please help...I really need some support!

You can do it. I know it's hard to be motivated I am also 5'4" and last September I was 191 lbs and as of today I am 145 I have 10 more pounds to go and I too am having a hard time being motivated for the last 10 but I need to get back on the wagon. I started a support group in my neighborhood which has helped a lot. Every week we have different challenges and keep points for how well we are doing. I am trying to do one week at time so it does not overwhelm me. I also have found that weighing myself everyday is a great motivator, which I have been slacking on. It help me remember everyday that I want to lose weight and the number on the scale is why. I try harder when I start the day off wegihing myself. Good luck and if you really need a buddy I would be glad to help you out.

Advertisement

Amby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:04 PM   #12
yummymummy07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amby View Post
You can do it. I know it's hard to be motivated I am also 5'4" and last September I was 191 lbs and as of today I am 145 I have 10 more pounds to go and I too am having a hard time being motivated for the last 10 but I need to get back on the wagon. I started a support group in my neighborhood which has helped a lot. Every week we have different challenges and keep points for how well we are doing. I am trying to do one week at time so it does not overwhelm me. I also have found that weighing myself everyday is a great motivator, which I have been slacking on. It help me remember everyday that I want to lose weight and the number on the scale is why. I try harder when I start the day off wegihing myself. Good luck and if you really need a buddy I would be glad to help you out.
Oh, I'd love a buddy! That would help so much!

I do weigh myself every day, but I do it in the evening. I use the body test on my Wii Fit, so it tells me my weight to the tenth of a pound, my BMI (which is obese right now), and charts my progress, or lack thereof as the case may be.

yummymummy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:55 AM   #13
drabekgirl
Registered Users

my youngest is 3 1/2 years old! my smallest was 126lbs, I'm not trying to get that small again just to 140. It is so frustrating. I live way out of town so a "walk around the block" is 3 or 4 miles depending on which block I go around. I did a 5k last Sept in 45 minutes, but usually i am pushing 90lbs and it takes me 1 hour. I am a swim teacher (at a local pool only facility) so I have to wear a swim suit for work. I used to work at a YMCA but I couldn't afford to keep paying for them to babysit my kids while I work out.

Like I said, my thyroid is within "normal" ranges but the range is so great are the tests really that accurate for everyone who's ranges are different?

I want a WII and the fit that goes with it, but no money for anything fun including a trip to town.

heather
drabekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote