Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2006, 12:19 PM   #1
bubblesteach
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy My baby won't eat.

I"m so frustrated. My 9 month old used to be so good about eating stage 2 baby foods. Now she doesn't want that or any table foods or the bottle. She cries and cries. She is teething a little bit and has a runny nose. The ped. says she's fine as long as she doesn't loose any weight. I feel like no one cares that my child isn't eating. Everyone says she'll eat when she's hungry. Because she's not eating much she's up every 2-3 hours at night. Please give me some advice. Thanks.

Advertisement

Old 10-22-2006, 06:02 PM   #2
Lasciate
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: My baby won't eat.

Babies eat less when they aren't feeling well. It's normal. Her gums hurt and she can't easily breathe through her nose, so she's not going to be much interested in eating until those problems are resolved.
Lasciate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 06:06 PM   #3
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My baby won't eat.

Stuffy nose.

Mine is a wonderful sleeper.. unless she has a cold.. then she's up atleast once a night. Things will get better when she gets better. Not eating for a couple days (babyfood) isn't going to hurt her. I know plenty of people that don't give thier children food at all until they are over a year old. They don't REALLY need the babyfood. Mine only had it every couple of days if that until she was a year old.

maybe you can try some teething tablets until she gets that tooth? it might make her be able to eat better if she's not in pain. Maybe the Sucker thing for the nose? It's all I got for ideas. Hope it gets better soon!
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 06:07 PM   #4
wahoowhippets
Registered Users
seller

Smile Re: My baby won't eat.

Hope your baby feels better soon! Not much advice to offer here, just hugs! I am sure once she is feeling better she will pick up with her eating. Teething and colds can be so hard!
wahoowhippets is offline   Reply With Quote