Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-18-2008, 03:16 PM   #11
frenchie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chlorine and hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanwaveshimd View Post
I was thinking that about the thinning vs. layering, but I wasn't sure.
Thanks so much for your ideas mama! I've never heard of Malibu 2000 (not a product I've seen in the drugstore or the salon) can you steer me where to buy it?
I shop at a "professional only" beauty supply, and that's where I see it. I know that you can find it in some salons, and public beauty supply stores. I'm looking at the back of the packet of chlorine-away booster additive for the shampoo, and the web address is wellnesssalon.com, and the number is 1-800-622-7332. I'm sure they can direct you to a retailer in your area. This is hands downs, the best chlorine removal product.

Advertisement

Old 06-18-2008, 05:07 PM   #12
nitewyngs
Registered Users

My Mood:

Don't thin. Layer instead! And does she use a good leave in conditioner? Even Garnier Fructis (commonly available) might help. And it would help if when she washed her hair she blowdries it. Air drying her hair right now will just lead to more frizz.
nitewyngs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:42 PM   #13
LoveSunshine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have super thick/ super curly hair as well. The best thing to do is get a clarifying shampoo (I use Paul Mitchell tea tree shampoo, it strips the heck out of my hair so I can't dye it, but it gets all the product I use out of it). She also needs to get a good cut... I didn't get a "good" cut until I was 18 or 19, and believe me, my self esteem would've been a lot better had I gotten one years before! Also, coconut oil, I use extra virgin coconut oil and just rub some into my scalp and hair the night before and sleep with it on. I wash it the next morning and it has done WONDERS to my hair. I don't use a ton (made that mistake the first time!!) or you'll have to wash your hair numerous times and it'll be super greasy. GL!

LoveSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:23 AM   #14
Oceanwaveshimd
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchie View Post
I shop at a "professional only" beauty supply, and that's where I see it. I know that you can find it in some salons, and public beauty supply stores. I'm looking at the back of the packet of chlorine-away booster additive for the shampoo, and the web address is wellnesssalon.com, and the number is 1-800-622-7332. I'm sure they can direct you to a retailer in your area. This is hands downs, the best chlorine removal product.
Thanks so much! I'll check the website and also the nearest Sally's.

wow...checked the website and they wanted over $10 to ship $20 in product. LOL I hope Sallys have it!

Last edited by Oceanwaveshimd; 06-19-2008 at 03:25 AM.
Oceanwaveshimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:27 AM   #15
Oceanwaveshimd
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveSunshine View Post
I have super thick/ super curly hair as well. The best thing to do is get a clarifying shampoo (I use Paul Mitchell tea tree shampoo, it strips the heck out of my hair so I can't dye it, but it gets all the product I use out of it). She also needs to get a good cut... I didn't get a "good" cut until I was 18 or 19, and believe me, my self esteem would've been a lot better had I gotten one years before! Also, coconut oil, I use extra virgin coconut oil and just rub some into my scalp and hair the night before and sleep with it on. I wash it the next morning and it has done WONDERS to my hair. I don't use a ton (made that mistake the first time!!) or you'll have to wash your hair numerous times and it'll be super greasy. GL!

I've thought about this before...what actually qualifies as a "good cut"? Is there a cut that is best for curly hair (thought she straightens it every day, which I'm sure is contributing to the mess). Or a cut that is best for texture?
Old 06-19-2008, 07:24 AM   #16
Menfusse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sally's probably has something to use. But for that matter, just check out your local walmart/target or wherever you shop. In the summer, I always see swimmer's shampoo in the regular shampoo isle. Different brands. I used one by loreal kids last year on my dd and it did great, but she was younger, so it might not be as effective on an older kid with a ton of hair.