Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-18-2008, 12:50 PM   #11
starryeyedgyal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Regretting not trying harder...

Relactating is a great option!

Otherwise don't try and beat yourself up! I'm all for breastfeeding. But no matter how a baby is fed I always say A happy mama= A happy baby. It sounds like you're a great mother; and like pp said you can always use this as motivation to breastfeed your next!

Advertisement

Old 06-18-2008, 12:57 PM   #12
wanting3more
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

here is one thread i found.
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...ight=relactate
you can search the forum for others
wanting3more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:30 PM   #13
njbeachgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would try relactating! Really if you can get him interested in the breast you can relactate. You may not bring in a full supply but nursing him just a couple times a day would be wonderful for you

there are medications, foods and herbs that can be helpful.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:41 PM   #14
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mama! Don't beat yourself up. The Kid was 8.10 and not only did the nurses kept telling me that I didn't have enough milk for him, they also said that I'd had GD or he wouldn't have been born that big. It doesn't matter what your child receives as long as he's getting nurtured by you. IF you want to go the relactating route, then by all means go for it with all the gusto you can muster. However, don't beat yourself nor feel bad. you have a healthy boy and that's the only end result that matters.
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:59 PM   #15
mrsv1023
Registered Users

My Mood:

I soooo feel your pain! I quit breastfeeding my ds just one week after he was born. Its really easy to quit when everyone around you says its ok to quit he will be fine. I know He will be fine but how about me? It took me months to get over the feeling of failure. It has made me even more determined to make it work next time! I have done a lot of research since then and I will be more prepared. Wish I had known about relactating back then. Try it. Good luck with what ever you do, just remember he is happy and healthy and loves you no matter how you feed him!
Old 06-18-2008, 10:46 PM   #16
moonphishers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpatch_babe View Post
mama! Don't beat yourself up. The Kid was 8.10 and not only did the nurses kept telling me that I didn't have enough milk for him, they also said that I'd had GD or he wouldn't have been born that big.
Wow - I just can't not reply to this. I am so sorry you had this incorrect info... All of my kids were big.. biggest was 10.2 - I don't have GD - never have.. they're just big (and I'm not) ... and I EBF all of them... I had one nurse try to tell me I wouldn't have enough milk for him but I ignored her - it has little to do with it... .

anyhow I just had to say that
Old 06-18-2008, 10:50 PM   #17
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Old 06-18-2008, 11:01 PM   #18
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You did your best, mama. If you want to relactate, you've gotten some great links, and you can feed formula at the breast with an SNS too, but if you are really done, don't look back. If you choose to keep FFing now, then that's what you decided was best at the time and don't beat yourself up for it. I stopped bfing dd1 at 2 weeks b/c of PPD meds, and later I found out there are lots of PPD meds that I could have taken while bfing that I didn't know about, and dd1 has lots of food issues now that were exacerbated by formula, so if I let myself dwell on it I would be soo depressed. But I did what I knew to be best with the info I had at the time, and having a not-crazy mom was very much in everyone's best interest. (And I didn't know dd1 was going to have crazy food issues, silly kid.) And now with dd2, I am bfing much longer--not bfing long with one baby doesn't mean you can't try again with the next one!
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote