Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-18-2008, 07:54 PM   #21
Cathy_B
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you ever feel like you've totally screwed up your baby?

Whew, I needed this thread tonight. You mamas wrote this months ago, and don't even know me. But your kind words for another mama made a difference for me too! Thanks so much!

Cathy

Advertisement

Cathy_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:08 PM   #22
Jz_Doll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

there have been times I've asked myself this question, but never dared to say the words out loud. Now though, she is becoming so independent she amazes other people, let alone me. I miss nursing her to sleep. When she is full or ready to sleep, she throws herself back onto my lap, then I put her in her crib. Sigh, I don't even have to stand next to the crib and stroke her cheek. Who'd have thought I'd miss that?
Old 06-19-2008, 12:10 AM   #23
frogandtoad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

10 mos -- holy smoke mama. That's nothing. I still tell DS1 he was born and I held him for three years!! He is now a confident almost 9 year old. I don't think you can "over care" for your LO, especially not at 10 mos.

Come hang out with us. I'm STILL nursing my 13 mo old. I don't know that I'm diehard AP, but we hold lots, babywear (man, my back is killing me!) and put the needs of people ahead of stuff around here (that's why the house is "messy" *sigh*). It's not perfect, but we work hard at providing a secure, safe home for the kiddos (and us).

I think we expect kids to "grow up" too fast ... me? I'll savor EVERY moment. It goes by too quickly.

ETA: just saw this is an older thread that got bumped. So for all you other mamas reading, enjoy your LO -- before long you'll be sending out graduation invitations and wonder why you ever worried about holding them too much etc.
There are only two lasting bequests we hope to give our children; one is roots, the other wings.

Last edited by frogandtoad; 06-19-2008 at 12:17 AM.
frogandtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:40 AM   #24
JDT
Banned

My Mood:

Oh mama don't worry!

We all feel that way about one thing or another. I feel like I should be stricter with my 10 year old and more lenient with the little kids.

I think more than anything it's all about intension. Sometimes I have to tell remind myself, i'm just doing my best and it will all work out ok.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote