Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-19-2008, 11:28 AM   #1
bennettsmom
Registered Users

Please Help

I have a almost four month little boy and we are not having a good time right now. He has always popped off during nursing but now he is starting to pull and it HURTS! I can't cover him to block distractions cuz he won't eat and the my nosey 2yo ds could see his brother. And we go back and forth with co sleeping he usually sleeps in his crib until about 2-3 am and then stays in bed with me. But now he can roll both way sso I am not really comfy with that and when he is in bed with me he thinks he needs to eat constantly, like every 1-2 hours. I am so tired. Does anyone have any suggestions? I really wanted to last until a year but now I am wondering if we will make it to 6 months.

Advertisement

bennettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:38 AM   #2
odentonmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please Help

I found it most comfortable to put my arm under my LO's head to nurse while co-sleeping (once they are big enough to do that.) That way, I didn't have to worry about him rolling away and it was comfortable. It is like nursing in the cradle position, but laying down.

As for the pulling off and distractability, that is an annoying phase. I think another mama posted on her recently asking for advice for the same thing. All I can say, is that it will pass. If you can make it through the phase, chances are good that your LO will settle back into a more comfortable nursing pattern.

Best of luck.
Help Keep Dr. Jack Newman's Breastfeeding Clinic open, click here for info & to donate.
odentonmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:31 PM   #3
junebug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please Help

it's a phase and you'll get through it
go to a quiet room and nurse there.

for cosleeping we use a long pillow that goes under the sheets (although i just put it on top and it works fine) so baby is between me and the pillow or between me and daddy. there are many different ones out there but we got ours at betterforbabies.

good luck mama!
junebug is offline   Reply With Quote