Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2006, 11:56 AM   #11
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Help me with this Sling PLEASE! Ouch!

I also suggest a mei tai.

However if you're wearing it for the majority of a day and you aren't used to using it your back will be sore until your muscle strengthen up.

Advertisement

Old 10-22-2006, 02:49 PM   #12
looking8186
Registered Users
seller
seller

www.mamatoto.org Try looking there for a carry that works well for you and babe. I love the wraps!!!
looking8186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 02:55 PM   #13
aimeemarie
Registered Users
seller

I can't wear Alex w/ a one shouldered carrier for more than 20 minutes. I say, run down to JoAnn's or Hancocks, or Hobby Lobby and get 5 yards of a woven fabric and then come back and we'll teach you how to wrap and you'll be much, much comfier!
Old 10-22-2006, 03:21 PM   #14
looking8186
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeemarie View Post
I can't wear Alex w/ a one shouldered carrier for more than 20 minutes. I say, run down to JoAnn's or Hancocks, or Hobby Lobby and get 5 yards of a woven fabric and then come back and we'll teach you how to wrap and you'll be much, much comfier!
I totally agree... look on the website I posted at the wraps, see if they apeal to you and then run out and grap some fabric... You can even practice with a doll and watch the videos on Mamatoto to help you get it right Its TOTALLY worth it!!! I have used wraps with kids ages newborn to 3 and not had any back pain even after hours. Also.... Mei teis are really great and a little easier than wraps for a beginner.. If you dont want to spend alot of $$ on a mei tei and you can sew you can use this pattern http://thosemartins.com/bmt/index.htm it has great directions for making it even if your not great at sewing and then directions and pics for wearing it!!!

HTH
looking8186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 12:39 AM   #15
crunchychristianmom
Registered Users
seller

I worshipped my Maya wrap (ring sling) through two babies, but I think it was because it was pretty and I thought I couldn't be crunchy if I used a stroller -- cause I had back problems the whole time. I'm getting too old for that now! But I am LOVING my Moby Wrap with ds3! No back pain at all! Takes longer to put on, but it's worth it. He faces out when awake and in when sleepy.

http://crunchychristianmom.blogspot.com
crunchychristianmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 02:41 PM   #16
geckoed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love my MT's and drool over wraps (don't have one). I got both of my MT's here http://www.joeypocket.com/ With the sling though: the rings too high or too low will cause discomfort, it should be where you'd pin a corsaige. Spread the fabric. Pull it tight enough that the baby is "riding high" (hip height or higher) too low will break your back.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:46 PM   #17
Jaz_Trio
Registered Users

I agree a wrap or a Mei Tai would be alot more comfy - the ring sling gives me that horrible shoulder pain as well!

Mei tai's are nice as are wraps!
Old 10-23-2006, 04:36 PM   #18
navars2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Pictures of you using it would definately help.

A few things off the bat, though... That is a closed end so that you can not adjust the rings seperately. I find this makes for more back pain. Also, I find the slings best for little babies... Once they get a little bigger, I much prefer a two shoulder carry. I have a Mei Tai and an Ergo and happily carry DS in either (13 months old, 19 1/2 lbs) all day in one. I can even carry DD in the Ergo (4 years old, 39 lbs) for a while.
navars2 is offline   Reply With Quote