Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-23-2006, 10:32 AM   #11
AshersMommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Supply Not Adequate??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenonyx View Post
babies tend to take slightly more from a bottle then from the breast (usually due to the foremilk and hindmilk mixing in the bottle, instead of them receiving hindmilk at the end of a feeding to signal that the feeding is almost over and to make them drowsy/full.)
Huh, that is very interesting!! I never knew that.

Thanks for all of the advice, ladies!!!

Advertisement

Like to read? Want something new? Come join us in the March Used Book Swap!
AshersMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 01:06 PM   #12
sammy21901
Registered Users
seller

You've gotten some great advice. I just wanted to chime in and say 2.5 lbs is a great gain. He's five weeks old, but it probably took 2 weeks (mine took almost three) for him to regain his birth weight, so he gained 2.5lbs in three weeks. You might ask your ped if you can come in for a weight check without having an appointment (no copay). I know ours let us come in as often as needed.

I would see if you could get a double electric pump from wic or an lc. I rented a hospital grade for about $50 per month. Well worth it. And no, you aren't taking milk away from him, you're helping to boost your supply!

Good Luck!
sammy21901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 02:03 PM   #13
AshersMommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy21901 View Post
You've gotten some great advice. I just wanted to chime in and say 2.5 lbs is a great gain. He's five weeks old, but it probably took 2 weeks (mine took almost three) for him to regain his birth weight, so he gained 2.5lbs in three weeks. You might ask your ped if you can come in for a weight check without having an appointment (no copay). I know ours let us come in as often as needed.

I would see if you could get a double electric pump from wic or an lc. I rented a hospital grade for about $50 per month. Well worth it. And no, you aren't taking milk away from him, you're helping to boost your supply!

Good Luck!
He was back to birth weight on the Friday following his birth

Like to read? Want something new? Come join us in the March Used Book Swap!
AshersMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 02:53 PM   #14
crunchychristianmom
Registered Users
seller

Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about the wet diapers if he's gaining well. Especially with sposies. Too hard to tell when they're wet. And some babies are very efficient consumers of bm, so poops aren't necessarily a concern this far into the game, as long as they look normal when he has them, not too green, which means he's not getting enough hindmilk. Not likely a concern with your slower letdown.

http://crunchychristianmom.blogspot.com
crunchychristianmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:22 PM   #15
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Go to WIC, get the coupons they give you and don't listen to a dang word they say! That is the best advice!

DOULA in training!

HCG Diet works! Ask me how.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 12:17 AM   #16
gsun3
Registered Users

you are doing such a GREAT JOB --- they are crazy telling you to go to formula ....like PP try pumping on the one side that you are not feeding on - it worked wonders for me - I now have a HUGE freezer full of milk --keep up the fenugreek & tea .. - I also took REGLAN from my doctor for my supply -If you can get a electric pump too - it would be soo much easier on you --good luck - I hope all works for you & your baby .
gsun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 05:51 AM   #17
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenkmt View Post
Go to WIC, get the coupons they give you and don't listen to a dang word they say! That is the best advice!
I agree.

Also when pumping you need to pump for 15-20 minutes and pump for atleast 5 minutes after your milk stops flowing to let your body know that it needs to make more
MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote