Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-24-2008, 10:07 PM   #11
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Co-Sleeping... when to stop??

I was going to post this same question! I am subscribing

Advertisement

Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:12 PM   #12
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

My 4yr old and 2.5yr old both still sleep with us! We love it and actually bought another CA King to push next to our current one so we have a ton of room for more babies! We will Co-Sleep until the kids are ready to leave for their own beds. Both have Co-Slept since they day they were born!
Old 06-25-2008, 12:22 AM   #13
amrijane128
Registered Users
seller

DD still sleeps with us every night. I am not even considering putting her in a seperate bed/room... she's just too little in my eyes. The time will come, whether it's in a year or 10 years, I think a child does best when things are allowed to happen, not pushed.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:22 AM   #14
*Amanda*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DD gradually transitioned to sleeping on her own. We also started her off in the crib (after rocking or nursing) and when she'd wake up, we'd bring her to bed with us. At some point, the crib became a problem. She would roll into the sides and wake herself up. It also became virtually impossible to put her down in the crib without waking her up. We switched to a twin mattress on the floor. In hindsight, I would have started this much sooner. But we didn't get it until 16 mo. We spent 14-16 mo probably earlier really fighting to get her down. We even resorted to driving around every night there for a while because nothing else would put her into a deep enough sleep. The twin mattress made all the difference for us. She immediately started sleeping almost the whole night! I would lie down to nurse her to sleep to start and if she woke up in the night, I'd nurse her back to sleep in bed and then go back to my bed. Within a month she was sleeping through the night on her own - no nursing till morning! I think since she was so used to sleeping in our bed, the mattress was more comfortable and allowed her to sleep better without waking up.
DD #1 born 9/06. DD #2 born at home 1/09. Baby boy born at home 6/10.
*Amanda* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:29 AM   #15
slamont
Registered Users
seller

We kicked ds out at about 13 months when he stopped just laying down, nursing and going to sleep and started thinking that it was party time. 1 1/2 straight weeks of a Jack still running around like a crazy man at 1:30 am when the rest of the world went to bed at 9... yeah intervention.

He now sleeps in his crib from 7-6:30. It is so nice. But I still miss my baby.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:32 AM   #16
precious_caden
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS is 27 months old and we have been co-sleeping since he was 2 months old. But at about 18 months old we got him a toddler bed. He will start the night off in it- if I sit on the floor until he falls asleep. So it depends on my mood. If Im tired Ill just lay in my bed with him until hes asleep.

If he starts off the night in his bed he usually wakes up at about midnight and crawls into bed with me. I think once he gets older he'll sleep through the night in his bed. Hes becoming more independent and it was a huge accomplishment to get him to fall asleep in his bed without me laying next to him and staying asleep for any amount of time.

Last edited by precious_caden; 06-25-2008 at 09:34 AM.
precious_caden is offline   Reply With Quote