Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-22-2008, 09:36 PM   #1
yummymommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Looking for advice

I've never struggled to lose weight before - always been lucky that way - unfortunately having a horrible time with it now. My 3rd baby is almost 18 months old - still BF'ing. I have a back injury that I've been treating for the last 2 and a half years. Unfortunately due to the injury I am really limited on exercise. After the first two children I was able to start running and the weight dropped in no time. Right now I struggle most days to walk - so running is not in the picture. I have no discipline with diet - While BF'ing I crave food 24 -7 - which should improve when I stop BF'ing - fingers crossed. I don't want to quit BF'ing to test that theory - yet.
I'm looking for support - advice and suggestions for where to seek exercise advice that would not involve the back? I don't know - I do my back exercises for an hour daily - but that is doing nothing for my waist line - they are more stretches than exercises. Any thoughts on how to start Thanks for listening

Advertisement

Old 06-22-2008, 10:48 PM   #2
smartie
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Looking for advice

Oh I was going to post something similar. My DD is almost 6 months old and I am trying to lose... At night I starve and end up eating a sandwich and munch away. It sucks!

Have you looked into Weigh****chers.com?
Old 06-23-2008, 09:57 AM   #3
yummymommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

NO - My Mom has struggled with wedight all her life - and weigh****chers is her thing - I think that came across wrong - I'll clarify - I think I would be offending her if I tried her method and it worked if YKWIM? If it didn't work it would discourage her in her own attempts as well. Trying to find something else - though I greatly appreciate the suggestion.

I had tried writing my weight on the fridge - it was a good motivator for awhile - then the weight went up and I couldn't force myself to erase it and write the higher number
Old 06-23-2008, 10:10 PM   #4
LittleB'sMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

nak...
Hi mama...I'm just writing to offer support. pm me if you wish for some help. I am a certified fitness consultant and Personal trainer. I am certified through the Canadian society for Exercise Physiology (CSEP). My itness passion is helping those who have lifestyle goals. Losing weight is a great bonus, but having the mobility to keep up with your kiddos is a better reward!
Old 06-24-2008, 06:09 AM   #5
graymojo
Registered Users

My Mood:

swimming. Of course, ask you doctor first, but a swimming pool should take any kind of pressure off your back (it probably will feel good) and it will give you exercise with resistance. If you are not active (and it sounds like you're not because of your back), then getting into the pool and moving around should help. It doesn't even have to be laps or anything. I've watched people just walk back and forth in the shallow end and they still get resistance. And most YMCA's have on site childcare.

www.turtleheadsteaandcoffee.com
graymojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:05 AM   #6
yummymommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you thank you thank you!

Exactly what I needed!
Old 06-25-2008, 10:41 AM   #7
mcbruhn
Registered Users

Could you get a referral from your doctor to see a physical therapist about some good exercises? At least with our insurance, just about anything is covered as long as we have a referral.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:02 PM   #8
lunamama3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

swimming is great, my DH also has back issues and found that recumbant bicycling(stationary) is helpful. walking is good cuz you are MOVING and can go at your comfortable pace. yoga?? i am not sure how severe your back issues are or limitations, but yoga rocks...seriously. as far as eating...let me know cuz i am having the same exact third child weight problem that was not with the other 2!! sorry....maybe we can think of somthing to help each other out mama!!
lunamama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:59 PM   #9
mcbruhn
Registered Users

I've been using a recumbant stationary bike in my pregnancy exercise study and I love it! I noticed that Sears had them on sale last week... I think they were Nautilus. I particularly like the seat on the one in my study: very comfy.