Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-25-2006, 12:28 PM   #11
Zan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Breastfeeding and clothdiapering = insane!??

Everyone will have their opinion and honestly it doesn't surprise me that someone would say that. It is upsetting that our culture doesn't value diversity in terms of parents making decisions that they feel are best for their family.

Advertisement

Zan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:13 PM   #12
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

Well, slap me silly and call me insane for having cloth ready for a baby we just barely conceived and dream of bfing IN public LOL I also plan to wear this baby too, so if I am already insane and add in babywearing what does that make me? LOL

People need to keep their own personal preferences to themselves! My best friend is VERY mainstream and would NEVER do some of the things I do but she is always respectful and even asks for information on what I do and why but I know she may never do them. THAT is the way people should be.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:33 PM   #13
Tootsiemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Have any of ya'll seen Surviving Motherhood?? I watch that one sometimes too but have def noticed that they all seem to ff. They never talk about breastfeeding or cding or anything like that, you would think out of all the mommas that they show on there, that at least one would do it
Tootsiemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:36 PM   #14
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

OMG LOCK ME IN THE PADDED CELL!!! I cd, bf, bw, cs.. oh my lord! what is WRONG with me??? I'm CAARAAAAAAAZZZZZYYYY lol sorry I'm in a mood!
Old 10-25-2006, 01:41 PM   #15
Tootsiemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok I know, I do all of those too, my family is constantly telling me I'm nuts and I need to quit doing it all. My cousin (mother of 1 son at the time she told me this and was preggo with her 2nd by her best friends' hubby...but whatever) told me that at one year, I had to stop bfing because my daughter desperately needed cow's milk...ummm how is cow's milk better for my human daughter than human milk????
Tootsiemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:23 PM   #16
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

omg she DESPERATELY needs it yet they aren't suppose to have it til they are one??? (or later)
Old 10-25-2006, 03:24 PM   #17
Ali
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If we ever win the lottery I'm going to run some commercials for cloth diapers. I used sposies on my first ds not even realizing how easy cloth had become, plus its not "mainstreem". If I had known that cding was so easy then I would have done it all along... would have been nice to have a commercial for that.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:50 PM   #18
naturegirl7
Registered Users

My Mood:

I guess I need a straight jacket or something here - cuz we use CDs (with woolies no less!), BF a 16 month old, cosleep, babywear, practice gentle discipline, practice homeopathic medicine and chiropractic care, are nonvaxers, only eat organic, did homemade babyfood (after late introduction of solids) and practice baby signing....Shall I go on??

My ILs tell me I am crazy all the time - when preggo it was "yeah, just wait until the baby gets here. You'll change your mind in a week." 16 months later.... The joke is on them now.

When told I am crazy, I just smile and tell them that it is a good thing I marrried DH who has a degree in Psychology.

BUt I agree - mainstream pregnancy, childrearing, etc - it is TOXIC. And we are teh ones treated like freaks for doing the "natural" route. I wish FB or SB or some other big company would break out into the mainstream with ads. Change the image. Atleast we are all doing our small part - many our kids generation will be different....
naturegirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 04:20 PM   #19
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootsiemomma View Post
Have any of ya'll seen Surviving Motherhood?? I watch that one sometimes too but have def noticed that they all seem to ff. They never talk about breastfeeding or cding or anything like that, you would think out of all the mommas that they show on there, that at least one would do it

Actually not true.. I've seen quite a few Bf'ing mommas on that one.. I even saw one where the mom was Not vaccinating her child. No cloth yet, but then again, they don't normally show them changing diapers at all.. lol
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 04:40 PM   #20
dreamtiger
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

um respectfully asking a question as a new mom, CDing, BFing...when I saw the topic post I thought it was in seriousness... because when i first came home with my 6 wk preemie who had trouble BFing, the thought of using my IPF and Proraps were stressful, and Pampers were all we used for the first few weeks. When I and DD began to get into a better groove, I gained enough confidence to CD most of the day, and now, I CD when I'm out and trying to figure out a CD system for nightime.

Did anyone else have trouble getting the hang of CD at first with the stress of difficult BFing or was it just me? Or is that just a different thread altogether
dreamtiger is offline   Reply With Quote